Fixing unplayable games
(05-09-2020, 08:27 AM)prafull Wrote: That game runs at over 200% speed for me. Doesn't have any issues. Is there any specific point in the game where it slows down?

With OpenGL at 4x resolution, the game runs at about 70% speed for me. With DirectX it runs full speed, but the shadows are messed up. 

Is there any way to fix either of these issues? Software mode works fine. I'd like to increase the resolution if possible though.

Edit (specs):
i5 6600k at 4.4 GHz
Gtx 1070 8mb
16Gb Ram

Sponsored links

Okay, here's a video of Primal using the patch & plugin. It's glorious! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT6UgUu9ilI My specs are in the video but if you don't care to watch here's the info:

GPU: GeForce GTX 1050
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM (15.89 GB RAM usable)
Current resolution: 1920 x 1080, 60Hz
Operating system: Windows 10

After using prafull's patch and GSdx plugin (SSE4) on PCSX2 ver. 1.6.0
This is running on stock settings except for the following:
Under Emulation Settings:
Speedhacks: MTVU is checked
Preset is set to Agressive

GSdx Video Settings:
Renderer: Direct3D 11 (Hardware)
Internal Resolution: 4x Native (~1440p 2k)

I think everything else is set to stock. Almost a locked 60fps (I guess that's the "monitor" fps and the game is measured by vps, so it's more like 30, thanks to aiirfloww on reddit for pointing that out for me!) - only a few places did I encounter slowdown. And if I tool the Internal Resolution down that would most likely eliminate it. This is on a gaming laptop. I also use the frontend Spectabis for my ps2 games so I can have custom configs for each game - so this one can use the custom GSdx plugin and not bother my other games! You can get the patch and extra info in case you run into any issues from prafall's post #438 on this page: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Fixin...
All credit for this goes to prafull for making the patch & plugin, and thanks also to dhillel for letting me know about these patches on reddit (they found my old post from like a year ago about sort of getting Primal to a semi-playable state - this puts all that to shame!)
(05-12-2020, 11:22 AM)PowerChairGuy Wrote: PDC World Championship Darts 2008 needs looking at please.  numerous issues such as freezing after darts are be thrown.
I received a report about that game not working earlier also but when I looked at it I could not reproduce the issue at my place. So until unless you provide all the details about the issue and probably a savestate before it I won't be able to help. I do get a crash sometimes if speed hacks are enabled but with speed hacks off I never had a problem.
Guys does The Getaway still has extremely slow cutscenes in PCSX 2 1.60?
(05-13-2020, 02:09 PM)Rashik Wrote: Guys does The Getaway still has extremely slow cutscenes in PCSX 2 1.60?
give a try ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-05-2020, 07:44 AM)KNGNAS Wrote: HI, I came upon this thread doing research about a game and I decided to post if someone can help fix " KIDOU SENSHI GUNDAM: ICHINEN SENSOU "(MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM: THE ONE YEAR WAR) - SLPS 25478. When I am on Hardware render the game only gives out audio and the screen stays black but if I put it into software render the game runs but it is very slow and buggy (Including random glitches in the game) 

Is it possible to fix or patch this? I have been waiting for almost 8 years.......

Thank you in advance to anyone that tries to fix it 
Still no patches?
(05-15-2020, 07:37 AM)KNGNAS Wrote: Still no patches?
not sure prafull owns this game. Hard to test, then
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Guys does The Getaway still has extremely slow cutscenes in PCSX 2 1.60?

Checked, still the same with the latest devbuild v1.7.0-dev-31-gb00792d6c
(05-12-2020, 10:06 PM)prafull Wrote: I received a report about that game not working earlier also but when I looked at it I could not reproduce the issue at my place. So until unless you provide all the details about the issue and probably a savestate before it I won't be able to help. I do get a crash sometimes if speed hacks are enabled but with speed hacks off I never had a problem.
Updated patches for Freaky Flyers [SLUS 20284] (U) & Freaky Flyers [SLES 50713] (E)

This fixes hanging problem, SPS, and stuttering gameplay. Patch causes snow effect (and may be some other) not to appear but that's a minor problem till the game is fixed by proper emulation.

Attached Files
.pnach   9d1ba44d.pnach (Size: 177 bytes / Downloads: 147)
.pnach   6e62de7b.pnach (Size: 177 bytes / Downloads: 162)