Fixing unplayable games
(08-17-2020, 12:02 AM)kozarovv Wrote: Galerians Ash SLES-51343
Floats workaround to make HW GSDX mode working. Should be tested little bit more, i only played ~30 minutes. 
There is still overflow on GS, but this time GSDX can handle it just fine in HW mode. 
CRC=1ae08cf5

Code:
patch=1,EE,001e7130,word,3c017e00
patch=1,EE,001e7138,word,44812800
patch=1,EE,001e7150,word,44813000
patch=1,EE,001e7160,word,44813800
patch=1,EE,001e7170,word,44810000

Hey can you tell me what was in those address 
I want to convert your code to NTSC version

Sponsored links

Galerians Ash NTSC
CRC = B506C936

patch=1,EE,001e12a8,word,3c017e00
patch=1,EE,001e12b0,word,44812800
patch=1,EE,001e12c8,word,44813000
patch=1,EE,001e12d8,word,44813800
patch=1,EE,001e12e8,word,44810000
Wild pcsx2 version appeared! I really tried to make this at least worth to be gamehack in master branch but since there is no single game that is fully fixed, there is no really reason to implement it. So i decided to release this pcsx2 version for people that want to play those few unplayable games with some minor issues.

This PCSX2 support:

- Air Rescue Ranger [most issues fixed like SPS, missing floor here and there still present, imo still unplayable]
- Sega Superstar Tennis [SPS fixed, I bit issue still in place (slowdowns)]
- Fix Twisted Metal Head-On black doors bug.
- SCE Cambridge Studio games work without hacks.
- Maybe some other games with non explainable SPS will work on it.

Please don't ever try to submit any issue on forum, or on github using this version of emu. There is no reason to support it, is just hack that luckily make few games work.

Not needed anymore, use official v1.7.0-dev-196 or later.
(08-20-2020, 06:37 PM)kozarovv Wrote: Wild pcsx2 version appeared! I really tried to make this at least worth to be gamehack in master branch but since there is no single game that is fully fixed, there is no really reason to implement it. So i decided to release this pcsx2 version for people that want to play those few unplayable games with some minor issues.

This PCSX2 support:

- Air Rescue Ranger [most issues fixed like SPS, missing floor here and there still present, imo still unplayable]

Please don't ever try to submit any issue on forum, or on github using this version of emu. There is no reason to support it, is just hack that luckily make few games work.

Amazing!!! thanks a lot! Hope you can make a hack in the future to fix the flame issue in TM Head On!
(05-11-2020, 05:38 PM)prafull Wrote: Primal Guide.
(Q3) My Game shows black colored SPS (Spikey Polygons Syndrome) ingame both in SW & HW mode. How to fix?
(A3) Use VU round mode “Nearest” in your Advanced Recompiler options.
Towards the end of the game suddenly grey polygons covering almost all screen appeared. This didn't fix the issue. However selecting "none" in clamping mode did.
Request: Forever Kingdom

CRC - E3C4037C

The game has some Problems

1. The ground, water, and the sky aren't being rendered correctly

Note: The ground isn't being rendered correctly only if you set Mipmaping to Basic or Full

2. The characters' shadows are all over the place

3. Some Texture gets broken when trying to use upscaling in Hardware mode, for example, the water (not that it was rendered correctly in the first place)

I am adding a photo of Software mode, Hardware mode native and Hardware mode upscaled

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-20-2020, 06:37 PM)kozarovv Wrote: Wild pcsx2 version appeared! I really tried to make this at least worth to be gamehack in master branch but since there is no single game that is fully fixed, there is no really reason to implement it. So i decided to release this pcsx2 version for people that want to play those few unplayable games with some minor issues.

This PCSX2 support:

Hey your version actually fixed the texture can't be an upscaled issue but upscaled Texture still has problems

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Please try to keep this thread clean for actual "unplayable" titles. Other issues can go in a bug report.
(08-27-2020, 05:11 AM)CK1 Wrote: Please try to keep this thread clean for actual "unplayable" titles. Other issues can go in a bug report.

The Sky and The water texture are flickering in hardware mode, which is really hurts the eye. 
It makes this game unplayable.

Edit: Sorry, It turns out there are walkarounds.
Not to all problems like the shadows but still.
I thought they weren't
(08-24-2020, 11:05 AM)Red-tv Wrote: Request: Forever Kingdom

CRC - E3C4037C

The game has some Problems

1. The ground, water, and the sky aren't being rendered correctly

Note: The ground isn't being rendered correctly only if you set Mipmaping to Basic or Full

2. The characters' shadows are all over the place

3. Some Texture gets broken when trying to use upscaling in Hardware mode, for example, the water (not that it was rendered correctly in the first place)

I am adding a photo of Software mode, Hardware mode native and Hardware mode upscaled

That game requires preload frame data as well as large frame buffer to be enabled.