Fixing unplayable games
(10-28-2022, 12:38 AM)refraction Wrote: which FMV? It works fine here (US version)

It seemed to be a bios problem on my side. I managed to make it work.

Now the problem is that game menus are completely broken. I can't see anything on any menu in-game when using OpenGL rendering

When I switch to software rendering in-game, everything looks ok, but it crashes mid-way in.

If this is just my pc specs problem, then I'll just give up on the game until I have a better pc :/

EDIT: I ended up using Vulkan rendering, and it seems to work fine, for now.

Sponsored links

Is there a patch to hot shots golf fore on here? Someone on reddit gave me a patch and said that actually makes it able to run, normally it doesnt even launch the game. But the link they gave me just opens a webpage that is a dark blank screen that says 'patch=1,EE,2032A1B0,extended,00000000 // disable shadow rendering, fix performance' but there is no file to download. How do I use this information, do I need to put that line of code somewhere?
(12-21-2022, 04:41 AM)AbsoluteGameLegend Wrote: Is there a patch to hot shots golf fore on here? Someone on reddit gave me a patch and said that actually makes it able to run, normally it doesnt even launch the game. But the link they gave me just opens a webpage that is a dark blank screen that says 'patch=1,EE,2032A1B0,extended,00000000 // disable shadow rendering, fix performance' but there is no file to download. How do I use this information, do I need to put that line of code somewhere?

Save the page as pnach file.
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
Hey guys,
do you know maybe how to improve lightning in Cold Winter hardware mode? I attach some screens of the same scene in software rendererer (darker) and Vulkan

(12-27-2022, 11:59 AM)nesaru Wrote: Hey guys,
do you know maybe how to improve lightning in Cold Winter hardware mode? I attach some screens of the same scene in software rendererer (darker) and Vulkan

Please make your own thread.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Fix for initial hang in Lord of the Rings, The - Return of the King [SLES 52017] (E)
This can be used till the game is properly fixed.

Attached Files
.zip   Lord of the Rings, The - Return of the King [SLES 52017] (E).zip (Size: 295 bytes / Downloads: 114)
Marvel nemesis
SLUS21281

make sure to Turn off mtvu

0054B5D4 00000000

not ideal, but runs at full speed

inb4 it ignores the real issue
(02-06-2023, 09:14 PM)oifhnqeuo Wrote: Marvel nemesis
SLUS21281

make sure to Turn off mtvu

0054B5D4 00000000

not ideal, but runs at full speed

inb4 it ignores the real issue

I will try to use this patch and post a compatibility report.
CPU: Intel® Pentium® CPU G2030 @ 3.00GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 @ 2 GB
RAM: 12 GB DDR3
(02-06-2023, 10:47 PM)Chern40_7 Wrote: I will try to use this patch and post a compatibility report.

[Image: Z2xzdcN.png]
Why use this patch if the game is already broken?
CPU: Intel® Pentium® CPU G2030 @ 3.00GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 @ 2 GB
RAM: 12 GB DDR3