Fixing unplayable games
(02-28-2017, 11:22 PM)asfiix Wrote: Any updates on Harry Potter Prizoner of Azkaban/Chamber of Secrets?

No, their state is unchanged.

Sponsored links

NTSC-J

Bokujou Monogatari - Oh! Wonderful Life (First Print Limited Edition) (J)(SLPS-25421)

----------------------------------------
comment=patches by Prafull
//fix hang at shipping shed

//D2FF4014 00000000 (3RD)
patch=1,EE,002bd36c,word,00000000

REQUEST

Dropship - United Peace Force (U)(SLUS-20463) : Loading error

Error Message

microVU1 Warning: Branch, Branch, Branch! [2aa8]
microVU1 Warning: Branch, Branch, Branch! [28a0]

Attached Files
.pnach   D2F0DC73.pnach (Size: 216 bytes / Downloads: 308)
(02-28-2017, 11:22 PM)asfiix Wrote: Any updates on Harry Potter Prizoner of Azkaban/Chamber of Secrets?

Slowly getting there. Graphics are a mess and patch seems to work less than 50% of times. Will try to post a video or something soon.
Patch for Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets [SLUS 20576] (U)

This took lot of time and effort but now it can be considered somewhat reliable. The game seems to be suffering from too many issues at the same time. You will need to enable "ignore dmac writes when it is busy" gamefix and keep most of the speedhacks off.

known bugs:
(1) Lots of errors in log.
(2) Also suffers from dreaded error "gs packet size exceeded vu memory size". Eventually it will lock up at some place.
(3) Intro videos have been skipped. Patch works with videos too but it seems more reliable after skipping videos.
(4) Some flickering corrupt graphics ingame.
(5) Gsdx HW mode got some garbage on right part of screen.

Attached Files
.zip   Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets [SLUS 20576] (U).zip (Size: 437 bytes / Downloads: 461)
Great work with the Harry Potter patch. Laugh

I'll see if anyone can make a widescreen patch now.
NTSC-J

(Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets)

Harry Potter to Himitsu no Heya (J)(SLPS-20234)...E1963055.pnach
Harry Potter to Himitsu no Heya(Coca Cola Original version) (J)(SLPM-68005)...E90BE9F8.pnach

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Harry Potter to Himitsu no Heya.zip (Size: 986 bytes / Downloads: 230)
Thank you so much for the patch, i've always wanted to play these games on pcsx2.
i7 8700K@5000MHz
GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0
Maximus Hero X
16G Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz C16
Great job, Prafull! You're doing the impossible. I hope there is room for improvement. Keep it up!
I'm running Spongebob Squarepants The Movie on v1.40 with automatic gamefixes greyed out but checked, and I still get the loading screen error.
Thanks for the Harry Potter-fix. It is very appreciated!

Any update on it, Prafull?

I'll check if it works with the Danish version of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in a few weeks Smile