Fixing unplayable games
I don't know if you have discovered this yet, Prafull.
You mentioned some known bugs when you released your Harry Potter fix.

In Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets:
Inside Video (GS) settings, if you change the "CRC Hack Level", in Direct3D 11 or 9 hardware mode, to be "Partial (OpenGL recommended) the stutter-thingy in the right side of the screen disappears. The downside to this is just that the game then will run REAALLLYYYY slow Laugh

So it seems like there is a problem with direct3D... o.O

Sponsored links

I finally managed to get my hands on "Harry Potter og Hemmelighedernes Kammer" SLES-51214 (Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets).
It arrived way earlier than expected Laugh

Your hack also works very well on this version, but this version of the game still suffers from the same errors...
I've discovered that you cannot collect Wizard Cards, it'll cause the game to crash. Sad

UPDATE:
For the Wizard Card-thingy to work, go to manual gamefixes and enable EE Timing Hack Pac-Man
Patch for The Spiderwick Chronicles [SLUS 21716] (U)

Game seems to work fine with this patch.

Attached Files
.zip   The Spiderwick Chronicles[SLUS 21716] (U).zip (Size: 309 bytes / Downloads: 1.008)
PAL

The Spiderwick Chronicles (E)(SLES-55109)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   The Spiderwick Chronicles [SLES 55109] (E).zip (Size: 276 bytes / Downloads: 183)
PAL

Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets
[SLES-51192] PAL E

Settings used and info: OpenGL Software Mode with rendering threads set to 2 also used prafulls pnach file to get the game to finally boot. speedhacks unchecked so no speedhacks at all manual game fixes EE timing hack Enabled ignore DMAC writes when it is busy Enabled Stimulate VIF1 FIFO read ahead Enabled. sometimes you have to close and reopen the emulator and should go past the loading screen. now the problems are is the game has quite a bit of graphical glitches the speed is okay it does drop to 42fps buts thats only because the emulator has errors loading vif commands and my CPU is pretty powerful but will be the same for everyone else as its the emulator not being able to load the vif commands properly. now i did play this for a short while it can and will crash eventually no matter what but this is some progress since this game was very difficult to get to boot on the emulator but this is actually pretty good and hopefully in future pcsx2 builds they will fix these vif errors.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

@Prafull Any chance you could elaborate on what your patch for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets actually does to fix things?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Any progress? Smile
Experimental patch for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban [SLES 52440]

Don't expect too much from this. I managed to get it to work long time ago but it wasn't reliable enough. It seems to work more than 50% of times now so I decided to post it.

Keep in mind:

1. Game only works with Vu1 Interpreter mode and suffers from massive flickering sps and distortions. It will hang with mvu and svu. Some dev can try to fix this bug. Duelling club mini game works without this patch file but still suffers from sps and distortions.
2. Don't enable the patch before reaching the "New game" menu. Once you reach the menu, enable the patch by clicking on enable cheats and then select new game.
3. Using VU round mode nearest is recommended.

4. Obviously the game is very slow and unplayable at the moment.

Attached Files
.zip   Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban [SLES 52440].zip (Size: 403 bytes / Downloads: 339)
Again, can you explain what your patches are doing so that someone doesn't have to go through the hell of debugging all of this stuff?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(06-24-2017, 10:14 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Again, can you explain what your patches are doing so that someone doesn't have to go through the hell of debugging all of this stuff?

As I explained in a different thread before, I simply find out which function or branch is causing the game to hang/crash and then try to make a patch by nopping it. Most of the time it works.