Fixing unplayable games
What's happening in Ruff Trigger?

I did an analysis on IR and it was interesting that the breakpoint stacks returned different results (when it hangs) when EE timing hack and the GIF FIFO hack were enabled in the menu (where it will hang as well) I'm going to look again and report here.

Here's what I got on the MTVU thread without manual gamefixes or with only the GIF FIFO hack enabled (in the menu) - Line 75 (it hangs in the else condition)

Code:
void VifUnpackSSE_Base::xMovDest() const {
if (IsUnmaskedOp()) { xMOVAPS (ptr[dstIndirect], destReg); }
else { doMaskWrite(destReg); }
}
---------------------------
With just EE timing hack (on the EE Core thread, nothing interesting in the MTVU thread) - (1st line after the bracket)

This is the same place it will hang in-game
(_hwRead32 <9,0> )
Code:
mem32_t __fastcall _hwRead32(u32 mem)
{
pxAssume( (mem & 0x03) == 0 );

Next address in the stack (again, first line after bracket):
(hwRead32<9> )
Code:
mem32_t __fastcall hwRead32(u32 mem)
{
mem32_t retval = _hwRead32<page,false>(mem);
eeHwTraceLog( mem, retval, true );
return retval;
}
---------------------------

Sponsored links

Can u fix Speed Kings SLUS-20584 It hangs on loading screen going ingame
Please make your own thread or make a bug report in the Bug Reports section.
(01-03-2018, 06:55 PM)CK1 Wrote: Please make your own thread or make a bug report in the Bug Reports section.
It's Ok to make requests in this thread. 

Anyway, I had a look at Speed kings hanging problem some time ago but didn't manage to patch it. The game works in !play emulator though.
(01-03-2018, 07:30 PM)prafull Wrote: It's Ok to make requests in this thread. 

Anyway, I had a look at Speed kings hanging problem some time ago but didn't manage to patch it. The game works in !play emulator though.

I remember looking to this as well. It goes in-game but no picture. I remember that Evolution Snowboarding will go black in the menus (I don't recall how to trigger that)
(12-05-2017, 03:05 AM)prafull Wrote: I cleared few levels using the original US patch posted by kozarovv in this thread and it seems to makes the game completely playable (no need of ee cache) so NTSC-J patch should be fine too.

Sorry for bumping this old reply (I was going thorugh the compatibility list recently)

If Ice Age is 100% working with the patch, can you update the compatibility report for it? Thanks Smile

Edit: I was actually thinking of the 2nd game, that one's still broken I believe.
(08-26-2017, 03:06 PM)prafull Wrote: Yes, I noticed missing water fall effect. Many other effects are also missing. May be I can improve the patch after investigating the game more but it's low priority right now.

How are things going on the patch ? any updates of fixing the missing effect ?  Unsure
Prafull, tell me please, is there any chance to play Harry Potter and Prisoner of Azkaban on pcsx2?
(03-11-2018, 06:03 PM)Dmitriy Bodrikov Wrote: Prafull, tell me please, is there any chance to play Harry Potter and Prisoner of Azkaban on pcsx2?

Not right now, you'll have to play it on your PS2 until somebody makes a patch for it Wink
Could you make a fix possibly for PDC world Championship darts 2008.  when the dart player retreives them from the board the game freezes.