Fixing unplayable games
(05-06-2018, 06:13 AM)argotha Wrote: It works fine, but in hardware mode there is some graphical bugs. Software mode is ok, but slower.

You need a good cpu
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

Here is the latest patch for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban [SLES 52440]

I have tested this for something like 4 hours. It seems pretty reliable so far. I played first 15 minutes of the game and it worked fine.

Other versions of the game can easily be patched based on this (send me elf file and I can do it too).

Notes:-

1. Need to use the attached PCSX2 exe with your existing PCSX2 folder.
2. Need to paste the attached patch file in cheats folder.
3. Need to enable EE timing hack.
4. It works most reliably with speedhacks turned off. Some speedhacks may not work (I know vu cycle stealing and EE timing -3 definitely don't work).
5. Need to use same gsdx settings as HP Chamber of Secrets i.e. Large Frame Buffer, Frame Buffer Conversion and Basic Mip mapping.

Attached Files
.zip   Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban [SLES 52440].zip (Size: 3,04 MB / Downloads: 7.586)
I'm not sure what you have done, Prafull, but your patch seems to work like a charm!

I renamed the .pnach file to the PAL-CRC and it also seems to work.

51E417AA.pnach

You are the best!
(05-06-2018, 02:39 PM)Jakob5566 Wrote: I'm not sure what you have done, Prafull, but your patch seems to work like a charm!

I renamed the .pnach file to the PAL-CRC and it also seems to work.

51E417AA.pnach

You are the best!

Thanks. I am glad you get it to work. I have played only first 15 minutes of the game so I am not sure if there are some problems in later part of the game. In case you find a problem please post here.
Based on the work that went into making the patch, is there any idea what the game is doing that makes it crash normally? I assume it's the same situation as Chamber of Secrets reading some address near the BIOS or wherever?
I'd be curious what you modified in PCSX2
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-06-2018, 03:18 PM)refraction Wrote: I'd be curious what you modified in PCSX2

I modified nothing in PCSX2. As I told you earlier on facebook, it's your m-bit build which makes the ingame work with VU1 microvu recompiler. Ref da man Biggrin
(05-06-2018, 03:27 PM)prafull Wrote: I modified nothing in PCSX2. As I told you earlier on facebook, it's your m-bit build which makes the ingame work with VU1 microvu recompiler. Ref da man Biggrin

oh xD
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-06-2018, 10:35 AM)prafull Wrote: Here is the latest patch for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban [SLES 52440]

I have tested this for something like 4 hours. It seems pretty reliable so far. I played first 15 minutes of the game and it worked fine.

Other versions of the game can easily be patched based on this (send me elf file and I can do it too).

Notes:-

1. Need to use the attached PCSX2 exe with your existing PCSX2 folder.
2. Need to paste the attached patch file in cheats folder.
3. Need to enable EE timing hack.
4. It works most reliably with speedhacks turned off. Some speedhacks may not work (I know vu cycle stealing and EE timing -3 definitely don't work).
5. Need to use same gsdx settings as HP Chamber of Secrets i.e. Large Frame Buffer, Frame Buffer Conversion and Basic Mip mapping.
Oh, this is a GREAT NEWS! Thank you very much for your work!
Thanks for the Azkaban patch, works perfect in the levels i tested, you can use the debug cheat if you want to check any other levels
Debug Menu: Chapter Selection
Press L1 on the main menu screen
201120F8 24A5CCC0