Fixing unplayable games
(05-09-2020, 12:24 AM)ba6yhulk Wrote: Thank you so much for getting this to a playable state! Do you think anything could be done to speed up OKAGE: Shadow King?
That game runs at over 200% speed for me. Doesn't have any issues. Is there any specific point in the game where it slows down?

Sponsored links

I will say @NafanYa that I've gotten Primal to a pretty playable state with the patch - Here's my settings to make it run pretty well:
Aspect Ratio - Widescreen
I have the Preset set to Aggressive and MTVU is Checked
Video Settings
OpenGL (Software)
Interlacing - Automatic (Default)
Texture Filtering - Bilinear (Forced excluding sprite)
Software Renderer Settings:
Auto Flush - checked
Edge Anti-aliasing (Del) - checked
Mipmapping - checked
Rendering threads - 7 (I have 8 cores)

Before starting Primal lower your screen resolution to 640 x 480 - game still looks pretty good but you get a pretty good speedup at that resolution: cutscenes play decently and game seems to run between 30 - 45 fps (my opinion on the numbers - I know with the aggressive preset the fps numbers aren't accurate) I'm excited to try the HW build as Hardware Mode seems to work better on my machine than software for most games. Thanks prafull - I was told about your patches on reddit and I'm going to update my Primal Reddit post with this information so others will find you! Primal is one of the last games I've been waiting for a fix for so I can play it mobile when I want - I can always play my original disc on my PS4 but I love to upscale and play on my laptop! Smile
(05-09-2020, 08:27 AM)prafull Wrote: That game runs at over 200% speed for me. Doesn't have any issues. Is there any specific point in the game where it slows down?

I'll test it again. The last time I tried it, it ran great in software mode, but there was a lot of slow down using the hardware renderer.
Here's a link to a video I threw together showing performance on my laptop - this is with Windows set to 640 x 480 resolution, video recording slows it down some too so factor that in when watching this, when I'm not recording it's pretty pleasant to play right now! Thanks again prafull!!!
https://youtu.be/cxeDVNxA3Gw
(05-08-2020, 04:13 AM)prafull Wrote: Wait few days and I will post a gsdx build which will play it almost perfectly in HW mode also.

Hope this helps:
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/3376...-626467152
(05-11-2020, 07:22 AM)dhillel Wrote: Hope this helps:
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/3376...-626467152
Yeah I saw that. Irrespective of those findings I have been testing the HW mode and managed to fix it 90%. There is still bit of garbage on screen when a scene quickly changes. I am trying to find a fix for that. If I am unable to find a fix I will post the plugin in 90% fixed state itself.
Primal Guide.

(Q1) How to fix slow and choppy gameplay?
(A1) Download pnach files attached with this post and put them in your cheats folder. As of now we have pnach files for NTSC, European & Russian Version of the game.

(Q2) My Game shows blackscreen in Gsdx HW mode. How to fix?
(A2) Download Gsdx files attached with this post and put them in your plugins folder.

(Q3) My Game shows black colored SPS (Spikey Polygons Syndrome) ingame both in SW & HW mode. How to fix?
(A3) Use VU round mode “Nearest” in your Advanced Recompiler options.

(Q4) Gsdx HW mode still shows garbage occasionally. Any fix possible for this?
(A4) Yes, You will need a trick for this. First start a new game. As soon as you gain control of character, make a savestate. Now load this savestate. Press start and quit the game using ingame menu. Now if you start a new game or use load game option you will not get garbage in HW mode.

(Q5) Game still runs a little slow on higher resolutions. What to do?
(A5) Enable speedhacks. For slow machines you can also enable +1 EE Cycle skipping. Higher skipping may be problematic.

If you have other problems feel free to ask in this thread.

Attached Files
.zip   primal.zip (Size: 2,56 MB / Downloads: 2.542)
Hola, disculpen pero yo tengo una pregunta con respecto a PCSX2, no se si este bien hacerla por aquí? Es que soy nuevo en este foro.
Wow. I mean - just wow! Prafull - you have fixed a game I thought would never ever get working in this emulator. Primal plays like a dream with very little tweaking now! I'm going to record another video of it to show how much better it runs now - and I'll post my specs and settings. But thank you so so much for these patches and custom plugins. I wonder if this is something they would ever merge into the mainline? Anyway, thank you again so much! Smile
PDC World Championship Darts 2008 needs looking at please. numerous issues such as freezing after darts are be thrown.