Fixing unplayable games
Worst case scenario I could just buy a copy of the non-Greatest Hits version (it's a very cheap game) but I'm sure I'm not the only one with this version. If anybody has the ability to replicate the code for that version (or walk me through how to do it) that'd be great.

Sponsored links

(07-04-2020, 10:26 PM)Zombeaver Wrote: Worst case scenario I could just buy a copy of the non-Greatest Hits version (it's a very cheap game) but I'm sure I'm not the only one with this version. If anybody has the ability to replicate the code for that version (or walk me through how to do it) that'd be great.
I am kind of busy today so will post the patch tomorrow. If you are lucky someone will post the patch before that.
Alrighty, no problem. Thanks! Smile
(07-04-2020, 10:04 PM)Zombeaver Wrote: Is there a version of the Hot Shots 3 patch for CRC 9C8D0998 (Greatest Hits)? I tried adding the code posted here to a pnach with that CRC but it doesn't seem to work for that version. I'm still getting about 20% speed at 4x and shadows are visible when switching to software rendering. I'm also using a code for no interlacing along with it, which was taken from a patch someone posted for CRC 9794BFEF - that does work, but the shadow disable doesn't.

Hot Shots Golf 3 patch for CRC 9C8D0998 (Greatest Hits) - disable shadow rendering. Also included is the no interlacing code.

Edit -  Updated patch to improve the shot meter in hardware mode.

Attached Files
.pnach   9C8D0998.pnach (Size: 304 bytes / Downloads: 550)
(07-05-2020, 12:00 AM)someother1ne Wrote: Hot Shots Golf 3 patch for CRC 9C8D0998 (Greatest Hits) - disable shadow rendering. Also included is the no interlacing code.

Awesome! Thank you so much! It's working great! 4x is running at about 250% speed, even when zoomed out.
(07-05-2020, 12:29 AM)Zombeaver Wrote: Awesome! Thank you so much! It's working great! 4x is running at about 250% speed, even when zoomed out.

No problem. Btw, seems like the GH version of HSG3 has an issue with the shot meter in hardware mode much like HSG4 does. This issue doesn't seem to exist on the black label version of HSG3 as far as I can tell, so I updated the patch above to improve the shot meter for HSG3 (GH version) in HW mode. Code is based off kozarovv's code from his HSG4 patch.
(07-05-2020, 03:10 AM)someother1ne Wrote: No problem. Btw, seems like the GH version of HSG3 has an issue with the shot meter in hardware mode much like HSG4 does. This issue doesn't seem to exist on the black label version of HSG3 as far as I can tell, so I updated the patch above to improve the shot meter for HSG3 (GH version) in HW mode. Code is based off kozarovv's code from his HSG4 patch.

Ah yep, I see what you mean and that does indeed help. Thanks again!

Did I miss a post somewhere with that same fix for HSG4? The code I'm using is just a combination of No Interlacing + Shadow Disable:

patch=1,EE,0012a49c,word,00000000
patch=1,EE,0012a704,word,00000000
patch=1,EE,2032A1B0,extended,00000000 // disable shadow rendering, fix performance
Tested two another games on: pcsx2-v1.7.0-dev-46-g2fed81322-windows-x86

Dropship - totally unplayable in HW mode. 1)If you don't turn off MPEG (skip MPEG hack) you won't even start the game. Because it's a black screen as the first MPEG scene starts 2)Screen is sliced into two parts horizontally in-game.

Ace combat 4 - Just started to test the game. So far the only problem seem to be sunbeams in the sky. They're messed up. Going to test further and see if there any other problems.
Ace combat 4 update: Black model of a jet in a third person mode in any oh HW modes (either D3D or Open GL). In software mode works fine. Both problems (Black model of a jet and sunbeam problem appear only in HW modes).
Updated patches for Superman Returns based on excellent work by Kozarovv.
Game seems to work perfectly now.

Attached Files
.pnach   e8f7bab6.pnach (Size: 310 bytes / Downloads: 306)
.pnach   e1bf5dca.pnach (Size: 334 bytes / Downloads: 301)
.pnach   EDF0A0A7.pnach (Size: 334 bytes / Downloads: 281)