Flame of Recca: Final burning
in answer to your quoted question, it depends on which i7 that is, if it is one with 3 numbers after it, that will support up to SSE4, if it has 4 numbers, it will support AVX, however that won't actually do anything unless you are using Software Mode on GSDX.

As for GPU's not all are integrated as such. Generally if it's an integrated board, we are talking about APU style, so it's part of the CPU, like the Intel HD 3000 or 2000 etc, which generally support Directx 11 these days. If it is a Radeon or Nvidia card, it is probably a discrete graphics card, meaning it's built on to the motherboard, but it is a real GPU. Of course if you are using an AMD APU, that will be using a radeon, making that distinction moot ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

(04-16-2013, 07:52 PM)refraction Wrote: in answer to your quoted question, it depends on which i7 that is, if it is one with 3 numbers after it, that will support up to SSE4, if it has 4 numbers, it will support AVX, however that won't actually do anything unless you are using Software Mode on GSDX.

As for GPU's not all are integrated as such. Generally if it's an integrated board, we are talking about APU style, so it's part of the CPU, like the Intel HD 3000 or 2000 etc, which generally support Directx 11 these days. If it is a Radeon or Nvidia card, it is probably a discrete graphics card, meaning it's built on to the motherboard, but it is a real GPU. Of course if you are using an AMD APU, that will be using a radeon, making that distinction moot ;p

Thank you very muchSmile I'm really grateful for you answer. Actually I'm using Software Mode now as it proved being quite faster than Hardware mode in my current slow laptop, but would make strain on it? In another way which is "healthier" to my laptop? Also which should play games better (in case I get a better-performance laptop) ? & again aren't all laptops GPUs integrated?
& correct me if I got it wrong, in my laptop problem is being old so the "if it's an integrated board, we are talking about APU style, so it's part of the CPU, like the Intel HD 3000 or 2000 etc, which generally support Directx 11 these days" condition is missing?
well, due to the age of your laptop, that may not be true as such. Although it is still classed as an integrated graphics card, it is considered "standard" as it is an intel one like you would get on any cheap motherboard with integrated graphics, where nvidia and radeon's are considered much more exotic.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-16-2013, 08:34 PM)refraction Wrote: well, due to the age of your laptop, that may not be true as such. Although it is still classed as an integrated graphics card, it is considered "standard" as it is an intel one like you would get on any cheap motherboard with integrated graphics, where nvidia and radeon's are considered much more exotic.

I'm very sorry, I'm not fully through laptop/PC parts, so didn't quite get it...
Aren't all laptops GPUs integrated? & are all integrated GPUs are bad for PS2 games? & which is "healthier" to a laptop(no strain on it), software or hardware mode? Also which should play games better, software or hardware mode?

My current laptop is the oldest in the house, I have to use only until I get a new high-performance one, because (as I mentioned before) my previous high-performing one was HDD by-manufacturer-faulty, I know my current laptop is low performing, that's why I had left it ,but now it's this or nothing until the new one comes, so I ask for both present & futureBlush,that's why I asked for your recommendations.
I'm very sorry for being persistantBlush
I really hope I'm not being ignored Smile
No really I hope I'm not considered annoyingBlush
(04-15-2013, 09:43 PM)rereremo Wrote: & don't all the labtops have "An intel integrated GPU"? so all of them aren't compatible with dx10 or 11?!

Most laptops these days will have the intel HD4000 (unless it has an amd processor). This supports DX11 and is equal to, if not better than the entry level gpus 610m-630m.

Thats not to say they are stuck with integrated gpus. You can get laptops with a 680m which is one of the more powerful mobile gpus.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
I'm sorry I didn't mention beforeBlush, but here is the error poped up in the log window of Recca no Honno: Final burning:
IPU Invalid Intra DC Precision, switching to 9 bits
Is it an issue that can be solved?