Flame of Recca: Final burning
I know it's been so long time, & I know many see it neither so famous nor so great, but I have it, I like it & I want to play it on my PC...
This post explains the initial problems: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Flame-of-Recca
Now, the new PCSX2 versions both stable & SVN solved this one :
[Image: attachment.php?aid=27780]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=27781]
But this isn't solved yet:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=28354]
If this can help, the game doesn't crash, the visual output in battles only would be like this when I do only one of the following: 1) I push 2 buttons on the same time in battles which can't be avoided in PS2 games except in easy modes (yet barely Smile ), 2) I speed up the speech to save time specially it's Japanese, 3) I use the game built-in save not that of the emulator.
Whenever this visual disturbance happens once, it persists for the rest of the save game Sad
The sound & the game still goes well, & if I play blindly without the visual output & win (can be easy in easy mode Smile ), the game can move on along the story line.
I heard somewhere it's a frame-rate problem, but I don't understand programming so I don't know...
I got 2 questions: Can this be solved here if someone cares to? & why my posts on the old thread mentioned above got deleted & the thread turned suddenly closed?
I'm new here, so sorry if I'm missing a rule & sorry for being so longUnsureBlush

Sponsored links

(02-15-2013, 10:07 PM)rereremo Wrote: I got 2 questions: Can this be solved here if someone cared to? & why my posts on the old thread mentioned above got deleted & the thread turned suddenly closed?
I'm new here, so sorry if I'm missing a rule & sorry for being so longUnsureBlush
It's all my fault.
I forgot to inform you about what I did.

You revived a 2 years old thread, and it's better to create your new own one thatn doing what you did.

Sorry for disturbance Wink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-15-2013, 10:44 PM)jesalvein Wrote: It's all my fault.
I forgot to inform you about what I did.

You revived a 2 years old thread, and it's better to create your new own one than doing what you did.

Sorry for disturbance Wink

Never mind, I was worried I broke some rule (glad I didn't Smile ), & also I thought it's better not to restart the whole topic again, specially that that old thread was exactly describing my problem.
Sorry for being lazy Biggrin & hope someone will care about this game ,I truly like it Smile
can you make sure you have automatic game fixes turned off in the "System" menu and try again. Also try hitting F9 to change to software mode.

The latter possibly won't fix that as it does look like video macroblock corruption.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(02-16-2013, 02:09 PM)refraction Wrote: can you make sure you have automatic game fixes turned off in the "System" menu and try again. Also try hitting F9 to change to software mode.

The latter possibly won't fix that as it does look like video macroblock corruption.

I've already tried it with both software & hardware graphic, & also with & without automatic fixes with no use Sad
Isn't there any solution? Please!!! Sad
Too bad a solution couldn't be found...
OK I have questions:
1-I was surprised to realize that Directx 11 is the Directx version on my lap, but then why isn't it showing in GSdx plugin choices? Only Directx 9&10 there, or isn't it supposed to show up? Here Low-end PCSX2 v1.0.0 settings He said "This uses dx11" so...
2-I have a plugin called Gs AVM or something (Sorry I deleted it so I can't remember the exact nameSad ) actually in the log it keeps giving me "plugin failed to load" in the program log although I wasn't using it...
1: That depends if your graphics card supports DirectX 11, although it is installed with windows, that doesn't mean you can use it. If you tell us your model of Graphics card, we might be able to advise further.

2. You mean GSDX AVX, this requires the AVX instruction set, which is only available on the intel Sandybridge or Ivybridge processors. Unless you have one of them processors your system will not support it and you should use the SSE4 or SSSE3 or SSE2 version, depending on your CPU (again you will need to tell us what that is before we can advise)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-15-2013, 07:41 PM)refraction Wrote: 1: That depends if your graphics card supports DirectX 11, although it is installed with windows, that doesn't mean you can use it. If you tell us your model of Graphics card, we might be able to advise further.

2. You mean GSDX AVX, this requires the AVX instruction set, which is only available on the intel Sandybridge or Ivybridge processors. Unless you have one of them processors your system will not support it and you should use the SSE4 or SSSE3 or SSE2 version, depending on your CPU (again you will need to tell us what that is before we can advise)

Sorry, is this is what you need? :
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/15/2013, 18:34:38
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate N 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron 1545
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A14
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T5870 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2008MB RAM
Page File: 1941MB used, 2075MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode