Flat out 2 and Jak X Hang Problems
Hey everyone. This is my first post. I've been happily enjoying the emulator. Playing games from my old library like Jak X: combat racing, flat out 2, burnout 3, etc. I've even gone to pawn shops and picked up games I was never able to play as a kid. Well at this point I'm at the end of my rope a bit and have been seeking outside help.

Flat out 2 and Jak X have been hanging at specific points and will occasionally hang at others randomly. Flat Out 2 will hang on the loading screen for the race after about 2 or 3 events consistently. Jack X: CR will hang after the character stops talking before you start the loading of the race and will sometimes freeze mid race. The audio will still play for Jak X:CR but the game wont respond at all. Ill try to get screen caps to show you. I'm using discs For these games. Other than these issues, The games run well. They give great frame rate and don't stutter at all. In fact, they run better on the emulator than on the console in terms of speed. I appreciate all the help and discussion you guys give. 

-Thanks again!!

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Oh btw, I tried FlatOut 2 a few weeks ago. Never experienced any hanging.
(05-04-2018, 05:21 PM)CK1 Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Oh btw, I tried FlatOut 2 a few weeks ago. Never experienced any hanging.

Thanks for responding!

System:

• i5 7400 @ 3.0ghz
  • gtx 1060 3gb from msi
  • 8 gb @ 2400mhz from adata
  • 1 tb wd black HDD
Version: PCSX2 1.5.0-20180415185650

GSdx Settings: 
  • OpenGL (Hardware)
  • Allow 8-bit Textures: Disabled
  • Large Frame buffer: Active
  • Internal resolution: "Custom"
  • Resolution: 1980*1080
  • Anistropic Filtering: 16X
  • Midmapping (ins): Automatice (default)
  • CRC Hacks level: Partial (OpenGL Recommended)
  • Enable HW Hacks: Active
  • Accurate Date: Active
  • Blending Accuracy: Medium
That pretty much covers everything Ive Changed on the system. Ive also included some attachments of my logs and core settings. 

*small update: I took the disc out of the drive and put it back in while the emulator was running and it corrected itself. This somehow allowed the game to run normally again. My disc is in fair condition but my Jak X:CR is in perfect condition.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.txt   log.txt (Size: 9,76 KB / Downloads: 204)
You should at least disable Large Framebuffer and use a resolution multiplier such as 4x native instead of Custom Resolution. Blending Accuracy can be turned up to High for Flatout 2 iirc, but you may have speed drops.

Also, Preload Frame Data or Auto Flush (one of those) in the HW hacks section is required to fix the sun shining through objects iirc.
(05-04-2018, 06:21 PM)CK1 Wrote: You should at least disable Large Framebuffer and use a resolution multiplier such as 4x native instead of Custom Resolution. Blending Accuracy can be turned up to High for Flatout 2 iirc, but you may have speed drops.

Also, Preload Frame Data or Auto Flush (one of those) in the HW hacks section is required to fix the sun shining through objects iirc.

Am no longer getting hanging after I took the disc out and put it back in. Mustve been a glitch of some sort. Im having a decent time with the emulator. Im playing my entire library at the moment. for the most part im playing games that are console exclusive like Burnout 3 and Midnight club 3, of course the jak series. Ive even hooked up my wired guitar from my XB360 to play my Guitar Hero titles. 

Ill have to test Jak X:CR later today.
Some ideas for ISO users?It seems like a glitch and maybe it can be solve with a patch or something else