Flickering backgrounds in Persona 4 with D3D11
(12-15-2015, 12:57 PM)joques Wrote: Also - there seems to be no options for FXAA in 1.3.1, and anisotropic filtering is greyed out?

you can find FXAA in shader configuration dialog at the GSDX plugin settings. you must disable "allow 8 bit textures" to use Anisotropic filtering.

Sponsored links

Gotcha! Turning on anisotropic filtering messed a little with character shadows, but I can live without it. Other than that, the game runs perfectly fine now. Many thanks!
CPU: i7 4790K  GPU: MSI GTX980
RAM: 16 GB DDR4  OS: Windows 7 64-bit
So, two new issues - both really tiny and they do not impact my experience in any meaningful way, but just to make sure:

When you knock down all enemies and you get the "Here's our chance" dialog box, there are two dialog boxes overlapping, and you get a black line belonging to the one underneath, running visibly on top of the other one. Is this unavoidable?

Also: At certain save points (I think specifically in the TV world) when you click save, the background music will slow down and become distorted for a second or two, then go back to normal. Is this unavoidable?
for issue #2, could you try setting DelayCycles to 1 in the SPU2-X.ini file and check whether issue is resolved ? does this issue happen at the original console ? (it might even be an intended effect)
There is no Delaycycles entry in my SPU2-X.ini? Should I enter it myself? If so, under which header?

My PS2 is in our guest room, so can't check it right now, but I think I would have noticed last time I played, given how noticeable it is to me now? Regardless, will check later today.
For the record: The audio distortion is exactly the same as I get in every game when I "Esc" out of a game, then click "resume".
(12-19-2015, 09:48 AM)joques Wrote: There is no Delaycycles entry in my SPU2-X.ini?

It should there if you're using the latest development build, try checking near the [Debug] section at the INI, it should be the first entry at the section.
My mistake, I found it. It did not help. Also, haven't checked definitively on my own PS2 hardware yet (also - it just occurred to me that it would be quite a time investment since I don't have my save still, and would have to play through about 2 hours of the early game to check it out), but I just scrubbed through a video of Giant Bomb's P4 endurance run and compared the exact same save point, and there was no audio distortion there, so fairly safe to assume it is not an intended effect.

Edit: Both issues persist in both 1.2.1 and 1.3.1.
I think you can make a bug report based on this issue at the forums so members will push it to GIT if they can't reproduce it on the original console. most likely won't get fixed quickly since we're at freeze for the latest stable release.
Ok, will first play for a bit more and ascertain wheter it really is just the "TV world" save points that are affected.

Also - no word on the black line issue when dialog boxes overlap?