Fluxing FPS
So im using the default settings on everything for the opening configuration and was playing Kingdom hearts. Ive noticed that when transitioning from different parts of the game, like in and out of combat mode, or in and out of cut scenes, the FPS will drop to around 30-35, and then spike to 70 or so, making for some very odd transitions.

Was wondering if I could get some help directing me to general help threads and info.

Im running the latest version of pcsx2, on a lenovo s21e-20. Though nothing is top of the line, it seems to have decent specs from what I could tell.

2GB ram
cpu intel n2840 2.16 ghz, dual core i believe.

I dont have a problem with the graphics themselves. It looks as good as i Remember playing it on the original ps2, just odd slowing down followed by a big speed spike. No glitching graphics, everything is behaving right.

Sponsored links

You'll need a much faster computer to fix the frame rate issues. It's best to stick to your ps2 for now.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(07-01-2015, 02:27 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: You'll need a much faster computer to fix the frame rate issues. It's best to stick to your ps2 for now.
the 2.1 ghz processor? Im guessing thats what you meant?
yeah.
(07-01-2015, 02:54 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: yeah.

huh, i thought i was getting a pretty good deal on the laptop itself.

Im not much of a computer guy, the reviews i found on it seemed to be pretty positive
PS2 emulation is one of the most CPU intensive things you can do. That little chip just isn't up to the job.
what kind of cpu did the ps2 run on?
MIPS 5900, MIPS R3000, and a custom GS. are primarily what it used.
(But emulating them requires much more performance than their own performance. A MIPS processor could never emulate a MIPS processor how pcsx2 does in real time - even if it would use the same architecture. You always have overhead due to system conversion... eg. MIPS->x86)
yeah, the EE also has it's own unique MMI instruction set which needs about more than a couple of SSE instruction sets for a single one, PCSX2 is quite CPU demanding. Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction