Fluxing FPS
so its not just emulating the program reading it and what not, but how those separate elements "talked" to each other.

Sponsored links

Linked from the FAQ in the stickies, hopefully this will shed a bit of light Smile http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Why-is-PCSX2-slow
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

thanks, those \ where both really good reads.
fps is still gonna fluxuate on high end systems because sound plugin needs work.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
(07-02-2015, 11:17 PM)shinra358 Wrote: fps is still gonna fluxuate on high end systems because sound plugin needs work.

Where did you get that delightful nugget of misinformation?

Look at my specs. Sound plugin takes a big chuck out of fps (indicated by robotic sound) mostly when transitioning scenes or when things appear onscreen. If using the 2nd option from the sound plugin, there is no slowdown, but quite a bit of games either don't work or are missing sound effects. Not misinformation at all.
(07-03-2015, 12:32 AM)shinra358 Wrote: Look at my specs. Sound plugin takes a big chuck out of fps (indicated by robotic sound) mostly when transitioning scenes or when things appear onscreen. If using the 2nd option from the sound plugin, there is no slowdown, but quite a bit of games either don't work or are missing sound effects. Not misinformation at all.

The only time i ever experience robotic sound is if the game has some serious slowdown or low FPS, but this isn't fault of the SPU2 plugin, this is merely trying to timestretch out the sound so it doesn't have gaps or repeat itself and keeps pitch, timestretch only works well within 5-10fps, then it goes horrible.

missing sound effects is obviously an issue (which may or may not be the plugins fault) but that won't cause slowdowns.

So yes, it's complete misinformation, the SPU2 plugin is not a problem with speed.

*missing sound effects is obviously an issue (which may or may not be the plugins fault) but that won't cause slowdowns.*

I never said this caused slowdowns. I said this has no slowdowns but at the cost of some games not working and some missing sound effects.

Timestretch even has slowdowns (robotic sounds) when just saving in FFXII and the like. All while even being in native rez. Yep, timestretch does that, but it also causes those fps fluctuations and loss. If it wasn't the cause, then the other option in the sound plugin would do the same thing, but it doesn't. Only timestretch. Hence why I said it needed work.
(07-03-2015, 01:02 AM)shinra358 Wrote: I never said this caused slowdowns. I said this has no slowdowns but at the cost of some games not working and some missing sound effects.
(07-02-2015, 11:17 PM)shinra358 Wrote: fps is still gonna fluxuate on high end systems because sound plugin needs work.

In fact you did.

(07-02-2015, 11:17 PM)shinra358 Wrote: Timestretch even has slowdowns (robotic sounds) when just saving in FFXII and the like. All while even being in native rez. Yep, timestretch does that, but it also causes those fps fluctuations and loss.
and you just said it causes slowdowns, again. Timestretch does NOT cause slowdowns, it's doing exactly what it's supposed to do, stretching out the audio sample to keep pitch and prevent repeating as a RESULT of your current FPS. You will probably get exactly the same FPS with sound emulation set to "none".

*In fact you did.*
*missing sound effects is obviously an issue (which may or may not be the plugins fault) but that won't cause slowdowns.*

You were talking about async mix here. This sentence is saying that you thought I said async mix causes slowdowns.

*and you just said it causes slowdowns, again. Timestretch does NOT cause slowdowns, it's doing exactly what it's supposed to do, stretching out the audio sample to keep pitch and prevent repeating as a RESULT of your current FPS.*

Potatoe patatoe here. When it is doing it's job, the fps fluxuates, making a slowdown. So you may say it doesn't cause it. But you knew what I meant. When it's on, fps is affected in some way. Either way, it affects performance and can be a part of the topic title. It's even more prominent with lower specs. I can overclock and it still can do it when saving or something else. And when flame purge is going on in 5x rez, I get 36 something fps with async mix but a little less than 15-20 fps with timestretch. That's all I'm saying. That's not that far fetched to be saying I'm spreading misinfo Tongue