Poll: Was this useful to you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
29.17%
7 29.17%
Yes
16.67%
4 16.67%
No
54.17%
13 54.17%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

For everyone with issues starting PCSX2 Mac
There is a FAQ section below, please check it before asking Smile

I have made 2 guides that revolves around starting up PCSX2 and some issues around that. The screenshots are for the first guide only. And some are cropped because of file size restrictions. There is also a FAQ section now at the bottom of this post.

MAJOR NOTE 01:
Confirmed working for Mountain Lion and PCSX2 0.9.7 (With some "Dafuq just happened"-issues as some of the issues seemed to solve themselves completely randomly...)

MAJOR NOTE 02:
I know many people make disclaimers, so I am gonna do it too (Just in case of the off-chance of something messing something completely up...)

MAJOR NOTE 03:
(12-29-2013, 03:27 AM)tychmc Wrote: Kaze, I thought I also might mention something that may clear up some confusion for newbies such as myself who are jumping in for the first time and using your (quite honestly invaluable) guides.
When someone is trying to install 0.9.7 alpha and inputting command lines into terminal and typing things like ./pcsx2, they need to be aware that those command lines must match identically to what the names of the files actually are. I know it sounds silly but people may overlook this and just punch in ./pcsx2 over and over but the default name on 0.9.7 for the app is "pcsx2 0.9.7 Alpha" which results in that directory not being found. To work with the guide's command entry they would need to drop the 0.9.7 Alpha and just leave it as pcsx2.app.
Just wanted to throw it out there as a possible clarifier in the steps of the guide so as to alleviate some of the newb frustrations. Smile

Disclaimer:
I am not responsible for anything that happens to your computer, be it PCSX2 working or it blowing itself up.

NOTE:
The guides are confirmed to be working for PCSX2 0.9.6 for Snow Leopard and Leopard.
If someone has similiar issues with 0.9.7 for Lion, it would be appreciated if you could test these guides and then post your results, conclusions or whatchamacallit ^_^

Another NOTE:
The second guide is made primarily for fixing the following error in Terminal:
Code:
No Info.plist file in application bundle or no NSPrincipalClass in the Info.plist file, exiting
But it can also be used just to make it so that you can launch it right from dock/.app/alias or w/e ^_^

Yet another NOTE:
It shouldn't be necessary to write this, but as I have seen some less "educated" members post here...
Please read the forum rules... ALL OF THEM!

SMALL NOTE:
This should be the right procedure to use for ripping your PS2 DVD's ^_^
onetwo Wrote:1.
Insert the DVD, and in the terminal do:
Code:
diskutil unmountDisk disk1
Code:
dd if=/dev/disk1 of=/Users/your-username/Desktop/Game_name_here.iso

Step One:
First make sure you have downloaded XQuartz

Step Two:
The PCSX2

Step Three:
And also the NVidia GC Frameworks (The GC Frameworks is down, but you can TRY, I make no promises about anything, to install the CG Toolkit...)

Step Four:
Install all wich you have downloaded. I wont be posting screenshots for that since I wont take the risk of destroying my PCSX 2 since I used so long time to get it up and running.

Step Five:
Then when all is downloaded and installed, you search for an application named XQuartz, open it.

Step Six:
You need to enable root user, here is a guide for that.

Step Seven:
Then type the following:
cd /Applications/pcsx2.app/contents/macos/ (press enter)
sudo tcsh (you will be asked to provide a password, provide the password for your root user)
(if you dont see anything while you type the password, dont worry, you are not supposed too see anything, it has with security to do)
./pcsx2 (this will after all your work, open ut the ever glorious PCSX2 MAC!!!!!!)

- Kaze

If the above guide do not work quite well for you, try this one IN ADDITION to the above one. Also this guide makes you able to open up PCSX2 with just double clicking on the app or an alias for the app. And I am quite aware that there probably is a better way to do this, but this is how I made this guide because I don't feel like delve too deep into something I finally got working properly.

First you open x11 (NOT xQuartz) then press Command+N or click "Applications" on the menubar and select "Terminal" thereafter you type the following:
(please make sure your PCSX2.app is in your applications forlder)
sudo tcsh (you will be asked for password as usual)
chmod +x /applications/pcsx2.app
chmod +x /applications/pcsx2.app/*
chmod +x /applications/pcsx2.app/contents/macos/pcsx2
logout(or)exit

Then close x11, quit it totally.
Download Batchmod and open it, then change "Owner" too your username and "Group" to "nogroup". Then check all the "R W X"s, the "Change ownership and privileges" and the "Apply to enclosed folders and files" then uncheck "Unlock", "Clear ACL's (10.5+)" and click Apply (there is likely you also will be asked for a password here too).

Then open up Terminal and type
sudo open /applications/pcsx2.app

Then everything should work alright ^_^

Have fun
- Kaze

FAQ section:
(far from finished ofc, just ask anything)

Q:
I get this code
Code:
***A crapload of text above this point***
* PCSX2 *: ExecuteBios
Offset 0xea000000 invalid. Legit SIGSEGV. Aborting.
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 46030 Bus error               ./pcsx2

A:
Okay, you need to go and rip the BIOS from YOUR OWN Playstation 2

---

Q:
swampertkamm85 Wrote:I don't get any windows whatsoever. Help?

A:
Follow the first guide

---

Q:
strat_guy Wrote:Having an issue, my brother had the same problem on his Mac. I input my password, then see:

[************-MacBook-ProTongue2csx2.app/Contents/macos] root#

(*** are my computer name) and enter

./pcsx2

Once that is entered, I'm shown an error code:

2012-07-07 14:02:58.859 pcsx2[1126:903] No Info.plist file in application bundle or no NSPrincipalClass in the Info.plist file, exiting

I'm confused. Pcsx2.app is in the applications folder, and the package contents show an info.plist file in /Contents, and the pscsx2 file is in the /macos folder. So far as I can tell, everything is there.

A:
I forgot to mention that the second guide is primarily to fix this particular issue, but it also makes you able to open it regulary. Editing post now.

---

Q:
philam Wrote:Hello. Right now, I'm trying the 2nd guide and it isn't asking me for my password anymore. When I type sudo tcsh it just jumps down a line and says "root#"

Any advice?

A:
Yes, that happens whenever you already have logged in with sudo in the same session and then logged out of the console or not closed Terminal/X11 completely.

In other words, if it says #root, just continue on to the next step ^_^

---

Q:
(08-04-2013, 11:50 PM)Zemmi Wrote: Ok so I'm new to PCSX2. It wasn't working at all for me before these fixes but I'm still running into a problem. I can open PCSX2 by clicking on it but it doesn't really open. It is sitting in my doc and even shows up in the menu bar when I click on it but the actual application does not show up. When I launch it, this is what shows up in X11:

dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 2890 Trace/BPT trap ./pcsx2

Any clue what I might have done wrong or how to fix it? Thank's for all the help so far!

A:
BPT trap errors are usually caused by you missing some of the requirements, CG Toolkit, PortAudio(where applicable), etc etc...

---

Q:
(12-28-2013, 01:37 AM)tychmc Wrote: I've looked through everything. The "segmentation fault" comes up in conversation many times and it doesn't seem to be directly addressed. Has ANYONE actually gotten 9.7 Alpha working with Mountain Lion?? Anyone at all?
I'm just getting that segmentation fault 11 message.

A:
Segmentation fault is caused by bad rips, you will need to re rip your ISO.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"

Sponsored links

Also, if any of the mods feel that this is useful, please make it sticky or important or something.
AWESOME. Hopefully this'll clear things up for all the new users that might have problems.
This post is definitely being stickied.
13" MacBook Pro (March 2011)
Display: 1280x800
CPU: Intel Core i5 2.3 GHz w/ 2.9 GHz Turbo Boost
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3
(05-03-2012, 03:57 AM)flurgle Wrote: AWESOME. Hopefully this'll clear things up for all the new users that might have problems.
This post is definitely being stickied.

Thanks ^_^
Also, perhaps keep this thread open for questions about the guides?
Hi. I did everything in this guide, also correct some typing errors, but the result is always the same:

pcsx2.sh: line 2: 1900 Bus error ./pcsx2

when trying to run the bios, and...

pcsx2.sh: line 2: 2077 Bus error ./pcsx2

when trying to run a game in DVD.

I put the bios folder inside the Contents and give it the same owner and rights. I try several bios... it's disappointing!
As far as I know the Mac port does not yet support running a game off the DVD, only off ISO images...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
"Then type the following:
sudo tcsh (you will be asked to provide a password, provide the password for your root user)
(if you dont see anything while you type the password, dont worry, you are not supposed too see anything, it has with security to do)
./pcsx2 (this will after all your work, open ut the ever glorious PCSX2 MAC!!!!!!)"

umm, where should I type that?

edit: ah, is it in the Xquartz?
edit2: yeah i didn't see anything when typing my password, is the cursor supposed to be not moving when typing password? and my password is always wrong, no matter what (I even changed the password to nothing [yep, no password] and this thing still gave me wrong password)
edit3: weird, even after something like above, i managed to open pcsx2, from the dock
edit4: is there in any way I can play the Iso file from another partition? and the memcard too
That is indeed, still the case.
Before the game, PCSX2 should be able to run the ROM. I'd try in WinXP using VirtualBox and the ROM works, but there is no video (as expected) just audio.

chaos_aurelius: the tutorial says X11, however should work in Terminal as the problem is owner and permission of files. Also you can access a ISO in a external HD trough /Volumes folder in the root, should work the same as local HD.

What is strange to me is that root user is requiring my admin password instead the user password I chose for it. This little things may be blocking the PCSX2 way...
Sorry for the late answers... Forgotten to check mail

(05-29-2012, 09:23 PM)gustavopi Wrote: I put the bios folder inside the Contents and give it the same owner and rights. I try several bios... it's disappointing!
We do not provide support for illegally downloaded bios or roms in here. Read the forum rules...

(05-30-2012, 04:18 PM)chaos_aurelius Wrote: "Then type the following:
./pcsx2 (this will after all your work, open ut the ever glorious PCSX2 MAC!!!!!!)"

umm, where should I type that?

edit: ah, is it in the Xquartz?
edit2: yeah i didn't see anything when typing my password, is the cursor supposed to be not moving when typing password? and my password is always wrong, no matter what (I even changed the password to nothing [yep, no password] and this thing still gave me wrong password)
edit3: weird, even after something like above, i managed to open pcsx2, from the dock
edit4: is there in any way I can play the Iso file from another partition? and the memcard too
Yes, you can place the memcards and the bios in another folder anywhere on your drive or usb drive or wherever you want to have it. Just remember to change the path to the memcard and bios files inside PCSX2. Just press "Config>Configure>select Bios dir" and I can't seem to find a way to change the memcard paths, sorry. And about edit3, I really don't know why some can open from the dock while some can't. And you need to type the password for the Root account, not the one for your user account.

(05-30-2012, 07:44 PM)gustavopi Wrote: Before the game, PCSX2 should be able to run the ROM. I'd try in WinXP using VirtualBox and the ROM works, but there is no video (as expected) just audio.

chaos_aurelius: the tutorial says X11, however should work in Terminal as the problem is owner and permission of files. Also you can access a ISO in a external HD trough /Volumes folder in the root, should work the same as local HD.

What is strange to me is that root user is requiring my admin password instead the user password I chose for it. This little things may be blocking the PCSX2 way...
Dont ask why it needs rott password, but it does not work with a normal bash, you need to do this in root. And yes, I think this should work in terminal too, but I wrote X11 since sometimes it works in terminal, but almost always it works in X11. Don't ask why, I am no tecchie ^_^