Poll: Was this useful to you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
29.17%
7 29.17%
Yes
16.67%
4 16.67%
No
54.17%
13 54.17%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

For everyone with issues starting PCSX2 Mac
WOW. Im blind to all this computer mumbo jumbo but this seems extremely difficult to work with. I was using was Open Emu emulator from another site & for some reason it didn't have the PS2 emulator. Then I came here & downloaded what I thought would be a simple 123 process & it's definitely not.

Can someone walk me through the whole process? Thanks!!!

Sponsored links

So seeing as this thread hasn't been posted in for a whole year, I guess this will be a long shot...

I'm very much a n00b when it comes to stuff like this, and I downloaded NHL 2K7 (USA) a few hours ago. Every time I try to open it, it freezes on 61.1 fps and doesn't load. (This time it froze on 36.4 fps) and it freezes on Disabling MRT depth writing.
The "bash" window with the coding stuff is like this:

.png   Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 6.56.17 pm.png (Size: 47,53 KB / Downloads: 612)

Help, please?? PCSX2 has not been great as another Sporting game I've wanted to use has been getting really slow when the match starts.. (Around 2-6FPS slow)
no support for piracy
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
"and I downloaded"

No support for piracy, read the rules, have a warning.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(04-04-2015, 10:30 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: "and I downloaded"

No support for piracy, read the rules, have a warning.
*snip* is piracy? Sorry guys... I understand Blush
Read the rules.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(04-04-2015, 10:38 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Read the rules.
I do apologise.

I guess this thread wasn't helpful for me, then. So I'll vote 'No'.
(04-04-2015, 10:41 AM)WhoStoleMySock Wrote: I do apologise.

I guess this thread wasn't helpful for me, then. So I'll vote 'No'.

It cna't be helpful if you're unable to understand and apply rules you accepted when registering here....
Sorry for you
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-02-2012, 11:04 AM)Kaze Wrote: There is a FAQ section below, please check it before asking Smile

I have made 2 guides that revolves around starting up PCSX2 and some issues around that. The screenshots are for the first guide only. And some are cropped because of file size restrictions. There is also a FAQ section now at the bottom of this post.

MAJOR NOTE 01:
Confirmed working for Mountain Lion and PCSX2 0.9.7 (With some "Dafuq just happened"-issues as some of the issues seemed to solve themselves completely randomly...)

MAJOR NOTE 02:
I know many people make disclaimers, so I am gonna do it too (Just in case of the off-chance of something messing something completely up...)

MAJOR NOTE 03:

Disclaimer:
I am not responsible for anything that happens to your computer, be it PCSX2 working or it blowing itself up.

NOTE:
The guides are confirmed to be working for PCSX2 0.9.6 for Snow Leopard and Leopard.
If someone has similiar issues with 0.9.7 for Lion, it would be appreciated if you could test these guides and then post your results, conclusions or whatchamacallit ^_^

Another NOTE:
The second guide is made primarily for fixing the following error in Terminal:
Code:
No Info.plist file in application bundle or no NSPrincipalClass in the Info.plist file, exiting
But it can also be used just to make it so that you can launch it right from dock/.app/alias or w/e ^_^

Yet another NOTE:
It shouldn't be necessary to write this, but as I have seen some less "educated" members post here...
Please read the forum rules... ALL OF THEM!

SMALL NOTE:
This should be the right procedure to use for ripping your PS2 DVD's ^_^

Step One:
First make sure you have downloaded XQuartz

Step Two:
The PCSX2

Step Three:
And also the NVidia GC Frameworks (The GC Frameworks is down, but you can TRY, I make no promises about anything, to install the CG Toolkit...)

Step Four:
Install all wich you have downloaded. I wont be posting screenshots for that since I wont take the risk of destroying my PCSX 2 since I used so long time to get it up and running.

Step Five:
Then when all is downloaded and installed, you search for an application named XQuartz, open it.

Step Six:
You need to enable root user, here is a guide for that.

Step Seven:
Then type the following:
cd /Applications/pcsx2.app/contents/macos/ (press enter)
sudo tcsh (you will be asked to provide a password, provide the password for your root user)
(if you dont see anything while you type the password, dont worry, you are not supposed too see anything, it has with security to do)
./pcsx2 (this will after all your work, open ut the ever glorious PCSX2 MAC!!!!!!)

- Kaze

If the above guide do not work quite well for you, try this one IN ADDITION to the above one. Also this guide makes you able to open up PCSX2 with just double clicking on the app or an alias for the app. And I am quite aware that there probably is a better way to do this, but this is how I made this guide because I don't feel like delve too deep into something I finally got working properly.

First you open x11 (NOT xQuartz) then press Command+N or click "Applications" on the menubar and select "Terminal" thereafter you type the following:
(please make sure your PCSX2.app is in your applications forlder)
sudo tcsh (you will be asked for password as usual)
chmod +x /applications/pcsx2.app
chmod +x /applications/pcsx2.app/*
chmod +x /applications/pcsx2.app/contents/macos/pcsx2
logout(or)exit

Then close x11, quit it totally.
Download Batchmod and open it, then change "Owner" too your username and "Group" to "nogroup". Then check all the "R W X"s, the "Change ownership and privileges" and the "Apply to enclosed folders and files" then uncheck "Unlock", "Clear ACL's (10.5+)" and click Apply (there is likely you also will be asked for a password here too).

Then open up Terminal and type
sudo open /applications/pcsx2.app

Then everything should work alright ^_^

Have fun
- Kaze

FAQ section:
(far from finished ofc, just ask anything)

Q:
I get this code
Code:
***A crapload of text above this point***
* PCSX2 *: ExecuteBios
Offset 0xea000000 invalid. Legit SIGSEGV. Aborting.
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 46030 Bus error               ./pcsx2

A:
Okay, you need to go and rip the BIOS from YOUR OWN Playstation 2

---

Q:

A:
Follow the first guide

---

Q:

A:
I forgot to mention that the second guide is primarily to fix this particular issue, but it also makes you able to open it regulary. Editing post now.

---

Q:

A:
Yes, that happens whenever you already have logged in with sudo in the same session and then logged out of the console or not closed Terminal/X11 completely.

In other words, if it says #root, just continue on to the next step ^_^

---

Q:

A:
BPT trap errors are usually caused by you missing some of the requirements, CG Toolkit, PortAudio(where applicable), etc etc...

---

Q:i get this error please help LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /applications/pcsx2.app.

A:
Segmentation fault is caused by bad rips, you will need to re rip your ISO.

i get this messageLSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /applications/pcsx2.app. please help

doesnt work LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /applications/pcsx2.app.pd
i dont know what to do ):