Force analog to respond digitally?
Hi all,

I'm on Win 10 using an XBox Elite 2 controller, latest nightly build (1.7.3821). I'm trying to play King's Field: The Ancient City as I've done several times in the past on PCSX2, and I'm having issues with rebinding the controls in the emulator.

As an example, normally L1 and R1 strafe the character left and right, while left and right on the L analog turn you left and right. I've managed to get left and right on my left analog mapped so that they activate L1 and R1 instead, but the problem is that the buttons seem like they stay pressed - that is, if I tilt the stick left, L1 is pressed, but it isn't released when the stick returns to neutral. I've tried setting a deadzone of .4 and I've tried adjusting the analog sensitivity float, but neither seems to help. Tried SDL and XInput.

Am I doing something wrong here (other than attempting to map a digital input to an analog input?) This used to work before the UI refresh.

Sponsored links

If you used the old Windows version, the behaviour could be different as a more platform friendly and less hacky controller codebase was merged.
(12-31-2022, 05:48 AM)RedDevilus Wrote: If you used the old Windows version, the behaviour could be different as a more platform friendly and less hacky controller codebase was merged.

It was definitely the old Windows version. But still, unless there's a setting that I'm missing, I feel like this is a bug - digital buttons (like L1 and R1) should be released if mapped to an analog axis that's returned to neutral.
I have the same problem with pre-Nexus Armored Core games (from Nexus onward the right stick is bound to the camera). They used to work flawlessly on the old 1.6 build, now they display the same problem you described and changing sensitivity or dead zone does litterally nothing.

I tried with both my Xbox One (it's 4 years old and has some drifting) and Xbox Series controllers (has like a month and it doesn't have any drifting problems), the result is the same.
(12-31-2022, 04:22 AM)Gideon Zhi Wrote: but the problem is that the buttons seem like they stay pressed

Try to increase "Button/Trigger Deadzone" instead of "Analog Deadzone"