Forcing Anti aliasing amd card dx11
Question 
Hi guys, i need some explanation about hardware aa. I have an 7950 card, that can force ssaa even in dx11 applications, my precedent 5850 can't do this. So in radeon pro, when i chose to "improves the application settings", the hit from 2xaa or 4xaa is far less heavy from a gpu % load point of view than using only msaa from pcsx2 and "use application setting". I can see the difference with msi afterburner. But i can't force msaa or ssaa in pcsx2 only from radeon pro if it's set to 0 in the emulator itself. There's no a way right ? Because it's seems that the hw aa from radeon pro/control panel is more light at algorithms level.

Sponsored links

Far as i know forcing AA threw drivers dont work in with PCSX2 atlest it never did for me either use FXAA built in to PCSX or of the Shaders in custom shader Thread and PGUP to active it, or SweetFX
(10-15-2013, 03:30 PM)luke76bg Wrote: Hi guys, i need some explanation about hardware aa. I have an 7950 card, that can force ssaa even in dx11 applications, my precedent 5850 can't do this. So in radeon pro, when i chose to "improves the application settings", the hit from 2xaa or 4xaa is far less heavy from a gpu % load point of view than using only msaa from pcsx2 and "use application setting". I can see the difference with msi afterburner. But i can't force msaa or ssaa in pcsx2 only from radeon pro if it's set to 0 in the emulator itself. There's no a way right ? Because it's seems that the hw aa from radeon pro/control panel is more light at algorithms level.

I'm not sure I am understand you right BUT:

Super Sampling works by rendering the image at multiples of the stock resolution and then downscaling it.

So, you know in your GS plugin where you can set the D3D internal resolution? You can use that to make super sampling. For instance, say your monitors resolution is 1280x720. If you set D3D internal resolution to 2650x1440 then you've effectively caused 2x super sampling anti aliasing.

So if z is the super sampling level you want, and x and y are your monitors resolution:

Set D3D internal resolution to z*x, z*y

Thus you are forcing the game to be rendered at the high resolution, then it is downscaled to your monitor resolution. Hence, that's super sampling. With that card you should have pretty good luck doing that. Now if you are running 1920x1080 and you try to do a 8x upscale you might have some speed issues. Just experiment.

I hope I answered what you are asking. I've never messed with the MSAA hack in PCSX2, I've just always done it this way.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD