Forecast for 2014's pcsx2
You guys must be missing all the other threads where we keep repeating:
PCSX2 might work on a mobile device one day BUT it will be x86 based.
So a tablet with Intel CPU for example, might be running Android, too.
But certainly not anything ARM (99% of the current handsets and tablets).

Sponsored links

(01-04-2014, 07:40 PM)rama Wrote: You guys must be missing all the other threads where we keep repeating

i thought "no hijacking to someother's thread???" so i make a new one.

Update:
anyway ppl. i found something extra is an octa-core for smartphone is expected this year
MT6592 8-core w/ peak speed of 2Ghz w/ Mali-450. but no annoucement yet of the android is JB or KK.
see here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaTek.

and the RK32?? chip for tablets by 2nd qtr. of 2014.

and anyway i just wanted to try out my 2nd main-hub by possessing a latest ARM v7 chip on tablets or mention above. and in a android enviorment. aside from my current main-hub of haswell desktop.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Probably the worst example that you could fin
To pack 8 core, they reduce the performance (IPC) of single core (a dual core haswell @ 1Ghz will do better). That mean this chip will be slower than current chip. Do you seriously think that 1 application can run on 8 cores ! Besides memory bandwidth suck but divided by 8, and you can be sure that you've got a massive "nop" cruncher Tongue2
@gregory

I.you mean the octa-core is like 2Ghz divided by 8?
II.then so shall i need to stay-focus on quad core or dual cored ARMv7 cpu??
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
For PCSX2 *no* ARM CPU.
Quote:you mean the octa-core is like 2Ghz divided by 8?
I mean that more core doesn't translate into more power. Actually more core means slower CPU. Because most (all?) software only run on 1-2 threads, and ARM cpu are approximatively half of the speed of Intel i3 cpu, you can conclude that the slowest i3 is much faster than your 8 core cpu.

See this video (end): a dual core (A9) completely destroy the a quad core (galaxy S3) by a large margin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOM13EWXWGA

Anyway as Rama said, just forgot ARM cpu for PCSX2.
If you want to run pcsx2 on a tablet, just buy a used surface pro in 6 months.
CPU: AMD Phenom ii x4 955 @ 3.4Ghz
GPU: MSI GTX 560-Ti Hawk
RAM: Kingston ValueRam 4GB 1333 @ 1600
PSU: XFX PRO550W

(01-05-2014, 02:23 PM)dutch_coffee Wrote: If you want to run pcsx2 on a tablet, just buy a used surface pro in 6 months.

It would have to be an x86 one running a standard copy of windows ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Someone will come along eventually and make an ARM PS2 emulator. I think. I think the problem here is just that the PCSX2 codebase was not designed for that from the ground up. Take PPSSPP, it was developed with ARM in mind (I think).

Henrik has different JIT for x86, ARM. And I think they were working on something for IOS(also ARM, but no code generation at execution allowed = no dynarec).

I for one, am happy the remaining PCSX2 team is focusing their efforts rather than spreading them out.

Now, if it was the Matrix, I would just plug that ***** right in my brain, and help you out with my mad skillz.

If things ever stop being hectic. I can't even get past 100 or so lines in my attempt at a 6502 emulator. I think I allocated variables for all the registers and maybe defined like 4 opcodes. I started this project a year ago ROFL.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
lol and how would one play ps2 games on tablet? a touch screen isnt gona work well in away for ps2 games never mind the fact they are way to slow atm to even think of it