Forecast for 2014's pcsx2
i know the team has announced the 1.2.x
and can i know in 2014 if the devs is planning for the android version of pcsx2
based on ARM v7 instruction set (RK 3xxx) w/ ARM Mali-xxx
and latest android version.(curretly Kit Kat)

RK3xxx based tablet can be potential?
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel

Sponsored links

Android build? Aren't those smartphones massively underpowered for ps2 emulation?
CPU: AMD Phenom ii x4 955 @ 3.4Ghz
GPU: MSI GTX 560-Ti Hawk
RAM: Kingston ValueRam 4GB 1333 @ 1600
PSU: XFX PRO550W

smartphones is unlikely but android tablets can be possible.
and CES 2014 is past approaching.
(12-31-2013, 06:40 PM)dutch_coffee Wrote: Android build? Aren't those smartphones massively underpowered for ps2 emulation?

(12-31-2013, 06:40 PM)dutch_coffee Wrote: Android build? Aren't those smartphones massively underpowered for ps2 emulation?

I am not so sure that they are so massively underpowered, they certainly won't get any impressive FPS but I think one of these new octa-core CPUs at 2.5GHz in some phones could maybe pull off KH (or even maybe some KH2) with some speedhacks and MTVU and low graphics (assuming a real recompiler and optimizations to NEON/whateverFPUstyle code exist).

I know a 2.5GHz A15 != 2.5GHz i5 but by the time this port would be finished in a stable manner phones would also move on in terms of power, so I see no reason why some simple games couldn't run on phones and more probably tablets if they also move on in terms of power Smile
^
^
^
^
in addition i would like to see the forecast of possibly different performance in the android environment and not "Windows,Mac and Linux"
Yeahhhh no. Won't happen any time soon. The difference in CPU architecture would just slow everything down. Just becuase something has 8 cores at "2.5 magical ghz" doesn't mean it will run pcsx2 well.

Please everyone stop asking for iOS and Android pcsx2 versions. They, %99 sure will not come, will not be made, attempted, or plausible.
(12-31-2013, 06:54 PM)pablocrossa Wrote: I am not so sure that they are so massively underpowered, they certainly won't get any impressive FPS but I think one of these new octa-core CPUs at 2.5GHz in some phones could maybe pull off KH (or even maybe some KH2) with some speedhacks and MTVU and low graphics (assuming a real recompiler and optimizations to NEON/whateverFPUstyle code exist).

I know a 2.5GHz A15 != 2.5GHz i5 but by the time this port would be finished in a stable manner phones would also move on in terms of power, so I see no reason why some simple games couldn't run on phones and more probably tablets if they also move on in terms of power Smile

Yeah but that would require quite a lot of programming assuming that octacore would be powerful enough. And you would probably miss a large group of smartphone users, i.e. windows phone, apple and weak android phones.

the time required to write android version would be imho way better spent on optimizing the x86 version to 4 or 8 cores so pcsx2 runs a lot better on older quad cores and laptops. Or just making more games compatible, faster and more bugfixing.
CPU: AMD Phenom ii x4 955 @ 3.4Ghz
GPU: MSI GTX 560-Ti Hawk
RAM: Kingston ValueRam 4GB 1333 @ 1600
PSU: XFX PRO550W

I dont know if you read the forums.But team have no plans on working on android version ever. That will have to done by somebody else.
(12-31-2013, 08:06 PM)wyndnra1n Wrote: Yeahhhh no. Won't happen any time soon. The difference in CPU architecture would just slow everything down. Just becuase something has 8 cores at "2.5 magical ghz" doesn't mean it will run pcsx2 well.

Please everyone stop asking for iOS and Android pcsx2 versions. They, %99 sure will not come, will not be made, attempted, or plausible.

That octacore was just an example, I am not sure how long a rewrite would take with the current team but rewriting the recompiler to armv7 and finishing GSdx-OGL and porting the SSE IS to NEON and the OGL to OGL-ES would take quite a long while, at which point a high-end tablet could play some simple PS2 games such as KH (at least I just don't think it's such a crazy idea).

The rewrite though requires too many things (the stated above and the GUI to some more mobile-friendly library at the very least) to be of any bother or to happen any time soon, I was just mentioning it was not impossible for it to happen...
gdsx ogl is compatible with gles3/egl Tongue2 But it is useless because
1/ need to finish debuging the port
2/ mobile drivers are dull
3/ gsdx would need to be rewritted to use the uniform mem architecture (same mem for cpu and gpu)
4/ phone vendor must stop to increase invisible pixel number. It just kill the perf of the lame gpu!