Fps Drops
I have looked through tons of threads and haven't found anything to help me. My game will randomly slow down or speed up. Its like the game will only run at 60fps, so if I am only getting 30fps, the game slows down to half speed, or if I get 90 fps, it speeds up. Anyway to limit the fps or any help on this subject?

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Specs
Cpu- Itel core i7-4790K
Graphics- Sapphire Radeon R9 390
Memory - 32GB DDR3 @ 1600
OS - Windows 10
PCSX2 - V 1.2.1

My main problem is Spyro enter the dragonfly and Sly Cooper and the thievius raccoonus, both being played from ISO
we don't support old versions.
please update
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-21-2016, 07:36 PM)DarkenedWings Wrote: Its like the game will only run at 60fps, so if I am only getting 30fps, the game slows down to half speed, or if I get 90 fps, it speeds up. Anyway to limit the fps or any help on this subject?
Yes, that's how it works. 60 FPS isn't the ingame speed(most PS2 games run at 30 FPS internally), so when you see 30 FPS the emulation will be a half speed(slowmotion), and 90 FPS will be 1.5 times faster than normal. There's a framelimiter shown in the same window titlebar that shows the framerate. On normal it will limit the FPS to a max of 60 FPS, Turbo(toggle with Tab button) will limit it to 200% and Max(toggle with F4 button) will unlock the framerate.

If the framerate drops below 60 FPS it usually indicates your system is struggling with the game. Are you using OpenGL Hardware? OpenGL can run slow at higher resolutions on AMD GPU's.
(08-21-2016, 08:58 PM)jesalvein Wrote: we don't support old versions.
please update

Didn't even know I had an old version. I updated and it seems to have helped out the problem, but not completely fixed it. It does make my games actually playable now though, thank you.