Fps to high.
Hi, thanks in advance, i'd lie to know if there's a way to regulate and set a limit to these. I was looking for a normal speed, just like the console.

I tried with the settings, but it doesn't matter the limit i set it runs at 120- 140 fps. I want it to run at 60-70.

Thanks again.

Sponsored links

have you tried pressing F4 to toggle the frame limiter?

also are you using any speedhacks?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

If the emulator is starting already at high FPS that may be due you "enabling" the "Disable framelimiting" box at the GS windows under the emulator's config.

As refraction already said, F4 toggles the limiting on/off but that box defines how the emulator will start.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I did that, i set the frame limit to 65 (all three cases, just to be sure) but it ignores it .And if i mark the box undder that, the multicore sync one, it goes to 40-45 fps.

Im not using any hacks or anything, just the normal install.
(12-12-2012, 07:48 AM)Erickhdzc Wrote: I did that, i set the frame limit to 65 (all three cases, just to be sure) but it ignores it .And if i mark the box undder that, the multicore sync one, it goes to 40-45 fps.

Im not using any hacks or anything, just the normal install.

No, no... Keep the Base Framerate Adjust at 100%, Slow motion at 50% and turbo adjust at 200% are OK also.

There is no need to change any other thing there, NTSC and PAL framerate should not be touched (the reason they are turned gray now and can be changed only from the ini).

What you need to do is only to grant the "disable framelimiting" box is "blank" and the Frameskipping is Disabled or at most active only in turbo mode. Avoid the constant skipping for you obviously don't need it.

This will grant the game will be clamped at 60FPS (for NTSC) or 50FPS (for PAL), what is correct.

While in game you can press tab to quickly pass a boring scene but be aware that turbo is not meant to actually "play the game"... F4 is useful only for benchmark purposes and should never be used at normal gaming.

Still you may want to be aware that high than should FPS are due to TAB key or F4 key and both are toggleable, meaning pressing them will return the game to normal... and if you activated both, will need to "deactivate" both also.

Edit: I think I start to see the problem, if the FPS falls when the above settings are default, that means that what you need is elsewhere... at the Speedhack tab. Don't change GS defaults till being in "despair" and even then, carefully.

If having low FPS, try EE cyclerate at 2 and/or VU cycle stealing at 1 or 2, this should help.
Imagination is where we are truly real