Frame Rate Dropping for Various Games
I have downloaded the recent Patch (1.2.1) and i am still trying to get familiar with all the options to increase performance with games. I am struggling the most right now with Heroes of Might & Magic: The Dragon Bone Staff game. There is really bad frame rate dropping in the character select screen and in most if not every battle portion of the game. Where or what can I do about either Locking the frame rate at 60 frames or just keeping the frames from dipping hard?

I love this game to death, but I just can't seem to make it run optimally. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank You!

My Computer is as follows:
Windows 7 64-bit
AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T Processor
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470
16GB of RAM
7200 RPM HDD

Sponsored links

Can you please post the full emulog after you observed the slowdown?
Please post FPS/EE%/GS% readings during slowdowns.
Do you use any non-default settings?
Wiki page doesn't point to any real compatibility issues. Set everything back to default then try again.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
What's your Graphics Card RAM? And what speed(in GHz) is your Processor? Your RAM is definitely enough, as 8GB normally does the trick even on more demanding games.
(03-30-2015, 09:21 PM)TheMrIron2 Wrote: What's your Graphics Card RAM? And what speed(in GHz) is your Processor? Your RAM is definitely enough, as 8GB normally does the trick even on more demanding games.

2 GB of RAM is sufficient for most any PCSX2 game.

Except for the Snowblind games and Killzone.
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]

what would ;e; do
That is not entirely true for snowblind engine games @marge

3.3GHz @TheMrIron2
(03-30-2015, 09:26 PM)Marge Simpson Wrote: 2 GB of RAM is sufficient for any PCSX2 game.

Nope.

Not the snowblind games.

Edit: Ninja'd by willkuer
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Or killzone
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(03-30-2015, 10:01 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Nope.

Not the snowblind games.

Edit: Ninja'd by willkuer

sh*t that's right

What is with that game series? What makes it so demanding?

what would ;e; do
I guess some error/not optimized code in the implementation of pcsx2. Not related to the ps2 at all. (+ needs software mode)