Frame Rate Help
Everything works like a charm when I'm playing KH and Legaia Duel Saga except for the frame rates. They are very inconsistent, depending on what I'm doing in the game. For example, in KH it ranges from 30-55 FPS depending on whether I'm battling or in an open/enclosed area(but without the Forced Limit setting it goes to 100+ FPS at the intro). Legaia Duel Saga has about 10-15 FPS less that KH in general.

My Specc is: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU @ 2.4 GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 2400 HD x2
2046MB of RAM
Windows Vista
PCSX2 Playground (with the latest GSdx plugin)
I have Direct x10 installed

I also tried running the games with the ZeroGS Kosmos 0.97.1 plug in (without messing around with its settings) and it was faster overall, but I still had very inconsistent framerates.
Anyways, can I increase the frame rate w/o OC since i am on a laptop?

Sponsored links

Get the latest PCSX2, version 0.96. That should help a lot.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
hmm I tried that first, but I get this error that says: Could Not Load GS Plugins 'plugins' <NULL>
that's because you have to delete your old inis before using the new ones Closedeyes
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
For legaia game, that demand high clock dualcore cpu.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Whats inis? I tried using another plugin and now it says: Failed Loading Memory Card from file:memcards/Mcd001.ps2, instead of the other error
it's what pcsx2 and some of it's plugins save their settings, but seeing as in you another error i see what the problem is, you had to run as admin from the start then. Smile
Windows 7 64bit

its working now! Laugh the quality is much better, and the frame rate is also better but it still isnt regularly 50+ i'll take what i can get since my specc isnt the best. thank you very much for the help!
so that means you can go back to that other plugin you were trying to use Tongue (and the run as admin thing is in the guide, so you would've known if you read it Tongue)
Windows 7 64bit