Frame Rate Issues
Just a heads up, I have read the noob tutorials, but I still consider myself to be quite uneducated inside the aspects of this emulator.

Some background on my computer:

i7 2630QM
ATI 6570 (DirectX 11)
8 gigs ram

64 bit w7

I am currently running the beta PCSx2 that I downloaded on this website labeled 0.9.7.3876m

I am currently using all plugins that came with the download, which could be my mistake.

The problems I am experiencing is that when I try to run my God of War (and my ratchet and clank) ISO files through the emulator, the cinamatics run smoothly, but then when the game starts the frame rate drops to ~5 FPS. The whole game audio and video is clearly slowed, and I do not believe any of my computer hardware are are causing this (I could be wrong).

As of right now, I am using "Motion in Joy" to allow me to use my dual shock ps3 controllers. If there is a better/more compatible program to use I am all ears.... I have to uninstall/reinstall the program every time I unplug it for it to recognize the controller... /sigh

I do however have ISO files of Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, which both have been running great.

I am sure I left out some key information, but as far as drivers/plugins:

This is a new laptop, and I believe all drivers are up to date, the plugins... well I am a mess there unless the default plugins are best for me.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored links

*check the temperatures using CoreTemp
*an i7 laptop can heat-up so fast in a manner of seconds like my current i7 laptop did this to me.
*if it goes by 90C~ you're in trouble...put a laptop cooler.''

**EDIT/UPDATE**
*your current i7 has an TB of 2.8 ghz(2C) w/c pcsx2 will take 2 cores just remind GoW is a CPU demanding game needs around a heller/hellish 4~5Ghz clock speed.well you got KH1 and 2 running great since these 2 are not CPU hungry.

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Bridg...processors
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(02-13-2011, 08:45 AM)tallbender Wrote: *check the temperatures using CoreTemp
*an i7 laptop can heat-up so fast in a manner of seconds like my current i7 laptop did this to me.
*if it goes by 90C~ you're in trouble...put a laptop cooler.''

**EDIT/UPDATE**
*your current i7 has an TB of 2.8 ghz(2C) w/c pcsx2 will take 2 cores just remind GoW is a CPU demanding game needs around a heller/hellish 4~5Ghz clock speed.well you got KH1 and 2 running great since these 2 are not CPU hungry.

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Bridg...processors

I will download CoreTemp and monitor it, but the CPU not being strong enough does not explain the problems with my Ratchet and Clank games, they are (my guess) only just as intensive as Kingdom Hearts.