Frame drop
Hey guys i'm trying to play PS2 games through this emulator and i have my original old games and i use well and i manage to get always good fps but 10 in 10 seconds i get these fps drop to 30 and goes back to full speed and the sound streches out sorry for my bad english

PC SPECS : Intel Core i7-4770 CPU 3,40GHZ
8GB Ram
GeForce GTX650
Windows 8.1
Settings will be attached
Thanks for your time Laugh

Im using pcsx2 version 1.2.1 btw guys

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Try changing your computer's power plan to "High Performance" to see if that helps.

Do your EE%/VU%/GS% (At the top of your game window) change a lot during frame drops?
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X @ 3.6 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660S
RAM: 16GB DDR4
put EE back to 1 you making things worse with it on 3
Allow 8-bit Textures can also give you problems on some games and either use OGL or DX11(those two are almost always better than DX9)
set spu2-x synchronization mode to async mix to avoid the stuttering in audio.

Possible overheating or speedstep or something like that. Please check cpu-z readings (especially clock rates) during hiccups.
Thanks guys for your replies ,its already on a high performance , i tried your suggestions and it looks like it is running smooth , im trying to notice the FPS , and sometimes drops from 50 to 44 really quick i dont notice it anymore because doesnt strech the sound , maybe its normal to have these drops ? Any suggestions on how to benchmark ?

Edit : I screenshot this during the drop i dont know if this helps

Willkuer this is what cpu-z says when im having a hiccup :s

Is this what you mean to check ? im kinda noob

Well the screenshot looks fine. The question is if one of these displays is changing during the hiccup, slightly before or slightly after...
Any suggestions ?
(07-13-2015, 10:11 PM)junknaut Wrote: Do your EE%/VU%/GS% (At the top of your game window) change a lot during frame drops?

Are you using the original disks or iso's of these disks?