Frame drops in a few games
Tried the EE1, i said that in the post, naoan. This is going to come off rude, but it doesn't seem like you read my stuff, and decided to merely go with parroted fixes..I said in the original post that i followed what was in the thread i linked. I know it's going to be viewed mostly as 'lol you're just a nobody' or 'lol we're doing this for free', or whatever, and that's fine. feel free to say those things, and i suppose you're used to just mimicking things that worked for other people, but when the poster explicitly shows that they didn't work, it doesn't make sense to just post for the sake of posting. Anyway, as for hardware hacks, i have half sprite and half wildarmsoffset enabled, as they fix the ar tonelico problems with the line through the portrait sprites and what not.

Sponsored links

Recent changes to the core, and 'GSDX specifically' improved increased compatibility, at the expense of some performance.

What sounds like is happening here, is a regression of some sort in the paletted texture decoding, since the games you refer to use sprites extensively.

testing versions of GSDX prior to sudonim's recent changes might nail down a regression range
(08-13-2012, 09:21 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: Recent changes to the core, and 'GSDX specifically' improved increased compatibility, at the expense of some performance.

What sounds like is happening here, is a regression of some sort in the paletted texture decoding, since the games you refer to use sprites extensively.

testing versions of GSDX prior to sudonim's recent changes might nail down a regression range

Any revisions you suggest? Shall i just go down the line or start at specific one? I've quite a few plugins from older revisions prior to 1.0 (checks), r5350, r5346, r4600 and gsdx 890 [15.00] 0.1.14. And that's just listing the SSE4.1s Dx

(edit) if you'd like, I'll gladly go down the line and see if they work with the game. I mean, heck, if they would, i'd be set. D:

(edit 2) Going to my plugins, upon scanning it throws the following errors that i've disregarded as i figure they're my fault for mixing previous revisions with more recent ones. They didn't seem to affect anything, as the other games play fine, but here they are just in case:
File is not a PCSX2 pluginPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\d3dcompiler_36.dll
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\d3dcompiler_36.dll
File is not a PCSX2 pluginPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\d3dx10_36.dll
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\d3dx10_36.dll
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\ZZOgl-cg-r5269.dll
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\ZZOgl-cg-r5269.dll
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\ZZOgl-cg.dll
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\ZZOgl-cg.dll
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\ZZOgl-r5308.dll
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\ZZOgl-r5308.dll
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\ZZOgl.dll
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\ZZOgl.dll
those d3dx files should be removed as they aren't in the correct location to be loaded by the emulator, and should be installed from the dx webupdater

those zzogl failures are a lack of the cgruntime, well, cg.dll and cggl.dll atleast
(08-13-2012, 10:04 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: those d3dx files should be removed as they aren't in the correct location to be loaded by the emulator, and should be installed from the dx webupdater

those zzogl failures are a lack of the cgruntime, well, cg.dll and cggl.dll atleast

Yeah, i don't know why they're there, to be honest. But they won't affect anything in terms of AT2, will they? This is actually a reaaaallyyy damn old issue i've had with AT2 on my computer, dating back..god..0.97? I've just never really decided to get up and come here for help. ._. I wish it was as easy as that one guy's thread. I really want to LP this game as it's a spectacular game, and i can't afford a capture card at the moment x.x I'll clean those up, but in the meantime, any other suggestions? =/
ah, well that goes back further then sudonims changes.

is there any hint of delay on the actual hardware?
(08-13-2012, 10:53 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: ah, well that goes back further then sudonims changes.

is there any hint of delay on the actual hardware?

Whatcha mean? Or, rather, i suppose i don't understand what to monitor to reply properly. Dx The CPU never reaches max, if that's what you're asking. Umm..EE sits at about 40% during the dropping, and otherwise 18-mid 20%..If there's something you'd like me to test, i can throw the disc in and try it real fast, the drop hits pretty much right away. D:

(edit) sorry for redundancy about this, but it seems to be an NIS/GUST related thing, i've tested FFXII (granted, a month or so ago), bloodrayne II, AT2, atelier iris, mana khemia, okami, and the only ones with problems are AT2, AI, and MK. I'll go test out something really sprite-loaded like odin sphere, one moment.

(edit 2) Nope. No problems. EE sits a bit higher, generally around 35-50, but other than that, no drops or any sort of slowdown (granted, i didn't get into large battles that are known to bring the PS2 to it's knees, but i'd not blame anything if the emulator had problems with that)

(edit 3) Oh. Wait, if you mean by actual hardware a real PS2, no sir. The only thing that goes wrong if i recall is fighting raki's third form, but that's a known thing. D: Works just fine on PS3, as well (well, the 60GB old model, still breaks with raki though)
im referring to the playstation itself

it might be some kind of emulated delay the disk uses to make sure that sprite resources are loaded properly before showing them
(08-13-2012, 11:40 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: im referring to the playstation itself

it might be some kind of emulated delay the disk uses to make sure that sprite resources are loaded properly before showing them

Ahh. that may be possible, but the audio distorts as well, A sort of stuttering audio for the slowdown, and i know for certain that that's not normal, so isn't that attestable to slowdown from the emulator? D: D:

(edit) One moment, i'll try to make a video (not sure how well it will perform while recording, though) and you can see what i mean. I'll just edit the video to the specific parts so you don't need to wait around. Will take maybe 5-10 mins. Dx

(edit 2) uploading video now

(edit 3) Hmm..You don't have a [video], and it doesn't accept embedded. Sorry, but you'll have to click it x.x http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddbXFQ0nwM

(edit 4) I'll admit it's a very very minimal thing, but it ruins the immersion, you know? ._.
ah, actually i think i see that when accessing memory cards in xenosaga at times.

always figured it was just mounting the save file. could be that memcard io is done synchronised to the core and thats where the slowdown comes from while it waits for the data to be read.