Frame limiter + vsync issue
...... Do I have to record a video for you all? *THE ISSUE IS WITH THE SOFTWARE*, my hardware can and does render the game at above 200fps when I disable the framelimiter, *MY HARDWARE IS NOT THE PROBLEM*.

My laptop is actually performing worse than my desktop in pure FPS, even though my desktop is running at 6x and my laptop is 3x. My laptop doesn't have *graphical glitches* or the *frame limiter issue*, and although I have yet to test this on my desktop I suspect all issues are because of the SSE4 GS plugin, as I already said.

My desktop can run persona4 at 6x res over 200fps. Welcome to the future tsunami2311, my desktop is not cutting edge by any means (in fact I opted for the older sandy bridge rather than ivy bridge when I was buying parts!) and I've been able to run any PS2 game I've tried at 6x. I can even run some Wii/GC games in dolphin with an internal res of 1080p. I'm sure there are some problematic games, but.... having a quad core and enabling MTVU really makes all the difference.

Sponsored links

(03-24-2013, 12:13 AM)Link68759 Wrote: ...... Do I have to record a video for you all? *THE ISSUE IS WITH THE SOFTWARE*, my hardware can and does render the game at above 200fps when I disable the framelimiter, *MY HARDWARE IS NOT THE PROBLEM*.

My laptop is actually performing worse than my desktop in pure FPS, even though my desktop is running at 6x and my laptop is 3x. My laptop doesn't have *graphical glitches* or the *frame limiter issue*, and although I have yet to test this on my desktop I suspect all issues are because of the SSE4 GS plugin, as I already said.

My desktop can run persona4 at 6x res over 200fps. Welcome to the future tsunami2311, my desktop is not cutting edge by any means (in fact I opted for the older sandy bridge rather than ivy bridge when I was buying parts!) and I've been able to run any PS2 game I've tried at 6x. I can even run some Wii/GC games in dolphin with an internal res of 1080p. I'm sure there are some problematic games, but.... having a quad core and enabling MTVU really makes all the difference.

if you dont want to listen you not gona get help you problem is the 6x EMULATING is NOT the same as a game PROGRAMED to actual run on pc. EMULATION is need way more power. YOU also cant COMPARE emulation of one system to another.

Either OC your CPU or lower the multiplier on the scaling. I will say it again there is no cpu that run all ps2 game at full speed threw pcsx2 there people with better cpus then your's running them at much higher frequency that still cant run all games full speed. and 3072x2688 which this average 6x of default res most ps2 games use is long cry from 1080p you are pretty much asking for performance issues at the res with EMULATION. perfectly plausible res for your pc for games MADE FOR PC'S BUT NOT EMULATION. This emulator core more about your core fequency then how many cores it has. last i check it only use 3 core anyway unless some changed since I last saw a mod said that.
I'm aware that emulating hardware requires more CPU cycles for many reasons.

You are completely ignorant of what newer CPUs are capable of.

End of story. Do you think I'm lying when I say I get 200+FPS with 6x the internal resolution? Do you not understand that the problem is with the frame limiter and vsync, since *disabling the frame limiter gives me over 200FPS*? If you still can't get that through your head, you're not going to be a productive voice in this thread...
(03-24-2013, 02:40 AM)Link68759 Wrote: I'm aware that emulating hardware requires more CPU cycles for many reasons.

You are completely ignorant of what newer CPUs are capable of.

End of story. Do you think I'm lying when I say I get 200+FPS with 6x the internal resolution? Do you not understand that the problem is with the frame limiter and vsync, since *disabling the frame limiter gives me over 200FPS*? If you still can't get that through your head, you're not going to be a productive voice in this thread...

and your not gona get much help cause with limiter off you get those framerates cause there is no syncing going on with on it has to sync that take power. Lower your scale that is your problem. if your not will to listen your gona have to live with this issue till you OC your CPU or newer and faster cpu are out what the IB is cappable of with stuff programed for that is what is capable of in the emulation of world are 2 different things.
"I don't have any problem, the emulator has a problem when I'm doing what I shouldn't do(using vsync over system which has it's own vsync for windows), fix it now!"

Seems like this thread will be closed soonTongue, what was the reason you opened it anyway? And why the hell you messed with vsync option when you had no tearing to begin with? It's an open source freeware software and you expect it to rule out all of user's idiocy? Seriously go and pay someone to make you a better PS2 emu if you're in demand of such.

Unless your problem is some graphical issues you also mentioned. Solution is probably very simple, open your desktop case and take out one of your gpu's as nothing can be made in this matter by pcsx2 devs or anyone here. As far as I understand SLI/Crossfire needs profiles to work correctly, they're made by Nvidia/AMD for each AAA+ pc game, but not really for emulators;p nor even for old games, hence it causes problems. Multi GPU solutions are very inefficient hence I'll never even plan to get one, and have no experience with it's bugs, I can only say P4 at decent hardware runs just fine, but that you should already should know since you bragged about it working at decent(in this post read as - non dual gpu) system.

Also bragging about 200/300fps at x6 while the only legit of your problems isn't really about speed since from what can be read that one was your own fault... Epeen much?Tongue What other than hate you expect now? Did internet changed while I was sleeping or something? Maybe also go over nvidia forums and write their dual/multi gpu systems suck ass and they should fix it, the more hate the merrier isn't it? Just look out, nvidia actually has psychofanboy army, pcsx2 just few geeks that don't care at all about you in person.Tongue

Tsunami2311 is wrong as well, limiter is just limiter, synchro works without it as well, but like I mentioned above if you brag too much, hate is natural;p.

This thread is stupid, why I even wasted time to write all that;c. Cheers, gonna watch my aquatic plants grow, seems more interesting.
So to summarize: my problem is misunderstood, in trying to explain the misunderstanding I'm accused of being an idiot / epeen bragging. My fault for baiting trolls I suppose.

Waiting on a reply from nosisab Ken Keleh or anyone who wants to actually contribute.
(03-24-2013, 04:29 AM)Link68759 Wrote: So to summarize: my problem is misunderstood, in trying to explain the misunderstanding I'm accused of being an idiot / epeen bragging. My fault for baiting trolls I suppose.

Waiting on a reply from nosisab Ken Keleh or anyone who wants to actually contribute.

you wont get much more help, short of you droping the scale back to 4 or even 3x and turning on 8 bit texture there isnt much that can be done, Just cause you think your pc SHOULD play them all fine at 6x dont make it true. just means you think it nothing more.

remeber your the one that came here for help and pretty much all you said in this thread was its not your pc and its the software if you think your so right and its the software go make a better emulator.

(03-24-2013, 03:44 AM)miseru99 Wrote: "

Tsunami2311 is wrong as well, limiter is just limiter,

I stand corrected, I have not turned off limiter in years. Mostly cause they games run way to fast at those speeds to be playable.
Am I not allowed to ask a question to confirm what is causing the issue so I can learn more about it and maybe submit a bug report?

Moreover if you had read more carefully I said several times... the problem goes away when I disable vsync, even while at 6x, so you really need to just get off that train of thought sir. I don't think it should run fine. It does run fine, provided I change the vsync setting or GS plugin. This thread is about a possible bug in the SSE4 GS plugin, and the fact that it shouldn't ever happen in the first place- there's a difference between bad settings overloading the processor, and a bug which is causing the limiter to misbehave.
And you where TOLD to stop using the VSYNC in pcsx2 as VSYNC is already on as long as aero/desktop comp is on, you apparently dont want to do that, you would told to also drop the scale which would also fix the problem again, you dont want to do that either. you where told how to fix it you were told why it happening you just dont want to listen. there is no bug in sse4 problem simple stems from the fact your forcing vsync on when it already on so of coarse its gona degrade performance more if you cant be bothered to listen why you asking for anyhelp.

Dont use vsync in pcsx2 problem gone, dont use 6x problem will be gone, in bother case you dont want to listen to either.
.... Please just leave.