Frame skipping ONLY when necessary?
i might be delusional but i was about to swear i saw more frame skipping options in older versions of pcsx2

here's the thing, the game i'm playing right now runs perfectly fine at 60fps 90%~95% of the game, the 5%~10% left it runs at about 55fps, so not really a problem, but it's kinda annoying to have the sound dragging when the fps drops, then i went looking for a good frame skipping option, but i don't want to frame skip the whole game, i only want it to frame skip when necessary, that is, when the fps drops considerably from the 60fps limit

can i do this? do you guys have any other suggestion for the problem?
E8400 @ 3.2GHz - 8800 GT @ stock - 4GB DDR2 800 [actual: 3.5GB with PAE] - WinXP PRO 32bit SP3
[Image: 133779.png]

Sponsored links

(02-11-2011, 01:42 PM)kebrus Wrote: i might be delusional but i was about to swear i saw more frame skipping options in older versions of pcsx2

How older...which rev.
Even in 0.9.6 I have the same frame skipping options as in the newest old gui beta.
The new gui beta also have such options but they are better

Old gui - Ship Frames when lower than: you set 50 here for example and pcsx2 won't skip frames until the speed is below 50
New gui - here you must calculate the value by percents...100% for NTSC game is 60fps so if you set slow motion to 90% and enable frame skipping,it will probably do the same as above
i'm not really sure, but either at the end of the legacy version or the beginning of the actual version, i never played with those options but as far as i can remember i think there was numbers we could adjust in order to control frame skipping, if i'm not mistaken one of them would disable if the number was 0 (zero) or something like that...

i might be mixing up stuff, but either way, it seems like a logical feature to implement in order to maintain a steady frame-rate
E8400 @ 3.2GHz - 8800 GT @ stock - 4GB DDR2 800 [actual: 3.5GB with PAE] - WinXP PRO 32bit SP3
[Image: 133779.png]