Framelimiter for GSDX for use in PSX emulators.
But it's better to limit by GPU, right? It's more convenient and it allows fast-forwarding as well.

Sponsored links

seeing as gsdx has always been like this in that it never handled the framelimiting in PCSX2 neither will it for psx emulator I dobut they want to be bother with something as trivial as this when, its already handled by the emulator it self or the sound plugins on psx emu
(03-30-2014, 10:08 PM)rama Wrote: I heard it's best to limit by SPU on PSX emulators but this is pretty frustrating.
There's no turbo (with time stretching) and it tends to produce an uneven and skipping frame rate.
For now I'll still recommend doing it (by using SPU async wait) but also enabling v-sync.
Or even better yet: Retroarch's PSX core works great out of the box.

Exactly framelimiters in sound plugins for PSX are unreliable and have unstable frame rates so it would very useful if GSDX had framelimiter for PSX emulators. Mednafen is good but has no hardware acceleration and cant increase internal resolution.
Did you try PEOPS Sound 1.10b Async wait? You shouldn't have an unstable frame rate issue.

Alternatively you can set your screen refresh rate to 50/60 Hz and enable VSync.
I dont have unstable frame rates in any psx game i have that emulate they all run 60fps even with spu async its not exactly heavy on the system like pcsx2
Since the frame limiter is in the video plugin in PS1 emulation, the thread makes sense, now is just convincing the developer doing it for PS1 emulators.

For PCSX2 it might not be worthy the trouble. Must not be forgotten than we aren't talking just about keeping the frames under control but doing it without breaking sync with other modules (sound mainly). Besides would be necessary to recode all GSDX types (for the different instruction sets) as the other video plugins would need update as well case the limiter is removed from the emulator's core.

Edit: PS2 is a strange "animal" without clear transition between what is work for the GPU and for the CPU in the video department. The VUs are somewhat in between in the console design.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(03-31-2014, 03:48 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Since the frame limiter is in the video plugin in PS1 emulation, the thread makes sense, now is just convincing the developer doing it for PS1 emulators.

For PCSX2 it might not be worthy the trouble. Must not be forgotten than we aren't talking just about keeping the frames under control but doing it without breaking sync with other modules (sound mainly). Besides would be necessary to recode all GSDX types (for the different instruction sets) as the other video plugins would need update as well case the limiter is removed from the emulator's core.

Edit: PS2 is a strange "animal" without clear transition between what is work for the GPU and for the CPU in the video department. The VUs are somewhat in between in the console design.

This unstability with psx sound plugins is kind of subtle its not huge jumps but its noticable for me.So framelimiter in GSDX would be very useful.
GSdx needs a framelimiter of its own! (so I can copy it) =P
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
(04-01-2014, 12:40 AM)Monochrome100 Wrote: This unstability with psx sound plugins is kind of subtle its not huge jumps but its noticable for me.So framelimiter in GSDX would be very useful.

If you talking about that 1 frame dip from 60 (59.9 ntsc fps) has nothing to do with the sound plugins. That is all to do with the gpu/drivers if you frame limit with RTSS from AB/Precision X to 60 there wont be dip. Providing your PC is up to the challenge
(04-01-2014, 12:40 AM)Monochrome100 Wrote: This unstability with psx sound plugins is kind of subtle its not huge jumps but its noticable for me.So framelimiter in GSDX would be very useful.

I don't have this issue. Maybe your PC isn't fast enough.