Framerate issues...
Yeah, I meant 3.8, sorry! Wow, sounds like an awesome deal! Thanks, I'll check it out!

Sponsored links

(02-14-2013, 05:28 AM)Sottaceti Wrote: Yeah, I meant 3.8, sorry! Wow, sounds like an awesome deal! Thanks, I'll check it out!

Oh and last things, have you tried changing some settings in fraps? For example the codec used for the recording X264 for requires lots of power, others could be better (maybe you'll have a lower compression but you can edit the file later).
Ryzen 7 3800X | Noctua NH-D14| Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro| RX Vega 64| 2*8GB Patriot Viper 3733MHz C17@3733MHz C16| Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 970EVO 512GB NVMe| 4TB Hard Drive| Samsung C25FG7 + Samsung S24D300 + Samsung S24F250| NZXT Phantom 410| Enermax Revo'Xt 730W| Gigabyte M6900
Hey, sorry for the late response. No, I haven't tried adjusting FRAPS, but even with FRAPS on low priority with the staggered affinity, my framerate almost stays a constant 15-20/60 FPS, and depending on what's being rendered I'll have fluctuations all the way up to max FPS from 12-15. So, I'm not really sure if changing the codec would help that much, but I'm fairly inexperienced with this stuff. I'm not exactly certain about codecs, so I could try that.
The problem with Fraps that it's made for totally green people and has no settings at all except res and framerate, it's codec isn't really all soo great either in compare to many other freeware ones(and can't be changed).

Have you tried running GSdx internal recorder?(F12) That one has also one problem - althrough it allows for choosing codec and all it's settings is limited to 50/60 fps which makes it very demanding as well, but you could use a simple hack as mine from here that cuts down recording fps by half meaning 25/30 fps in movie, with codec and settings I noted here I'm able to record games with usually higher fps than with fraps at worst around same(at least with few short tests also tested it only on tri core cpu, I could unlock 4th, but was lazy as it have no use for me now) and much smaller file. You can also try different encoders(it uses any you install in your system) to get optimum for your hardware this itself makes it better choice than fraps.

Huge advantage with internal recording that the result will always be at full speed. Disadvantage that you will have to use external program if you want to record your voice and if you get a slowdown you'll have to add it later while watching the recording, not while playing otherwise it'll be out of sync with the game.

That's for free methods.

While investing for hardware instead of getting new cpu/gpu, it's probably worth getting special capturing card(example: avermedia live gamer hd) to take off all recording load off your cpu, it has it's price around same as you could waste on cpu, but it'll give you better results also in the future if anything happens that games will turn more demanding on cpu's.
Yeah, the internal recorder gave me similar issues as FRAPS. I suffered a great deal of lag, but I had a generally more consistent (and diminished) FPS rate. But I could definitely try it out with those hacks and the settings, thanks for the links!

Also, wow! I didn't even know that they had capture cards. I'm familiar with other capturing systems like a TV Tuner plugged into a Dazzle USB capturing system, but I didn't know you could install similar systems within the computer itself! I'll definitely check those kinds of cards out sometime!
There are quite a few capture cards, some even external if you have a laptop and generally you can capture video from pretty much anything - console, smartphone anything that can output video;p, not all offer full hd res and quality can differ as well soo better search for some tests on youtube for example this one.
I'm all about HD! I always render out in at least 720p in post-processing. Thanks for all the helpful links!
Do make sure you are not getting bottlenecked at IO due to massive data writes on your HDD. Using the internal recorder and a codec like x264vfw on single pass and some decent bitrate should help with that a lot
[Image: newsig.jpg]