Fraps Locking Framerate
Hi,

Long time user of PCSX2 and all that. I've recorded videos on PCSX2 before:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=...72FFB51F37

etc.

Anyway, I tried to record something recently and whenever I try to record at 30 FPS, PCSX2 locks down to 30FPS as well and it goes extremely slow, killing the output video. I can't record at 60 FPS without it dropping to 48-52. It never used to lock down to 30 before.

Anyone know a cause for this? I tried with and without speedhacks, using beta version (that was what I used before). Fraps has "lock frame rate" off and I'm using version 3.2.1.

i7 860 @ 3.4
HD 6870 using Direct11, happens on 9 too, and regardless of internal res

Sponsored links

It's probably just taking a speed hit from the record session or Vsync kicking in. Try recording with the internal PCSX2 recording feature (F12 while playing).
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
It happened to me as well when I tried months ago. I would try recording at full 59.98 fps but only get around 40 fps (video showed the lag). I then decided to record at ~30 fps and just use another program to double the playback speed and fraps automatically limited it to 30 fps (I forgot to limit the fps in PCSX2 itself but it still worked).

I believe the reason for it is so frames won't have to be cut out to prevent the video from looking twitchy. Normal PC programs aren't affected by this (frame rate can be reduced without reducing the speed of the program) but because PCSX2 has to wait for the current frame to be rendered before continuing, it is extremely obvious.
(01-26-2011, 09:29 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: It's probably just taking a speed hit from the record session or Vsync kicking in. Try recording with the internal PCSX2 recording feature (F12 while playing).

It's not a speed hit because the game locks down to exactly 30 and I've recorded fine before. Recording it at 60 drops it to 48-52, and that's a speed hit.

Why is vsync kicking in?
Well it does happened to me before, then I figured it out. It's the key f9 since fraps default recording key is f9 and pressing f9 in Pcsx2 will switch it in to Software mode so maybe that's why.
(01-28-2011, 05:21 PM)Locke320 Wrote: It's the key f9 since fraps default recording key is f9 and pressing f9 in Pcsx2 will switch it in to Software mode so maybe that's why.
Wooh Hoo! THANK you, so much! I was wondering why sometimes it would turn pixelated and sometimes not.