Fresh member and user - Looking for a few tips/help
(11-10-2010, 08:56 PM)Saiki Wrote: ram is used by the PC to sort programs, not pcsx2. ram is for reliability in a system. (and I'd NEVER recommend playing pc games under the recomended ram, they get very unrelaible, even if everything else flys) PCSX2 doesn't need alot of ram, it just takes what it can get.

So there's really no point in buying a GPU @ 1Gb just for gaming??...

Oh! I've learned something new today! lol xD
Mobo: ASUS B75M-A
CPU: Intel® Core i3 - 3220 @ 3.30 ghz
GPU: Inno3D GeForce GT 240 512mb/128bit DDr2
RAM: 4Gb ddr3 @ 1333MHz

Sponsored links

not for pcsx2 gaming, no. if you're a pc gamer, definatly more gpu ram the better. 512 is a minimum
Not for PC gaming either unless you like using very high res @ high AA, and even then... how strong the card is would be more important than the ram size. Stronger cards almost always come with high ram size anyway so not much of a problem, just don't waste money on a weak card with high VRAM Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(11-15-2010, 06:41 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Not for PC gaming either unless you like using very high res
not actually true. with a 256 you see alot of stalling on loading things, even at low resolution, with more memory means it can load up the images faster and you don't have that problem. (I've tested that theory)