Fresh member and user - Looking for a few tips/help
Tongue 
Firstly my com specs, knowing them should help Smile
i'm not sure of the best way to find out what my specifics are, so i just used belarc

Cpu: Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 2.3 - 3 gig ram
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
if any more info needed, please ask Smile

anyway to the problem, downloaded pcsx2 0.9.6 last night and had my bios + iso ready (ff10)

basically what i need is any tips for which gpu/options within, are best to run on my current system specs. so far i have got it working on GSDX 890 sse2 0.1.14, i have seen about 40 fps on my ntsc, which i could live with, but upon battle entry it slows to around 25 fps. also any sound i have been able to hear using spu2-x is cracked and really unlistenable. any tips at all would be welcome, on best gpu for me and the settings within it, also whether i should make use of any speed hacks or the advanced settings Smile thanks in advance to the community for making this available and any help offered.Laugh

sorry quick edit, it was my preference to downgrade to xp, this is a vista machine originally, would restoring vista make this system better for the task at hand or worse?

Sponsored links

It depends on the game but this system is generally too low specced for most.
The GPU is the biggest limiting factor so try to set GSdx to native resolution.
Then next is the old and outdated + low clocked CPU, so enable all speedhacks.
The speed you get then is the best your machine can do, and it's already unsafe
because of extreme speedhacking.
No OS down or upgrade or any drivers can fix this. A new pc can Wink
ofc a new pc is must to be able to play any game at all with pcsx2 but if you cant buy a new pc (even though you MUST for anything,gaming,programs everything Tongue ) at least try overclocking a bit that cpu and maybe buying a very cheap but new gpu!
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
ah, upgrading to as said a "cheap" but newer gpu would be fine, if only i had some clue about what the hell i was buying lol, its all gibberish to me.

any cheap reccomendations known to work on my system?

mobo is ECS Nettle2 1.0
both there, CPU and GPU are too outdated to achieve a satisfactory playability I fear. Upgrading only one, whichever one, will not be enough for PCSX2 although can help with native games and such.

But you're right in one point, the GPU is really a no go to almost all graphics applications in general.
Imagination is where we are truly real
would Nvidia Geforce 8400GS PCI-E be an ok upgrade?
(07-27-2010, 09:48 PM)Dellerton Wrote: would Nvidia Geforce 8400GS PCI-E be an ok upgrade?

8600 GT is better. 8400 will cripple your emulation speed
is there any way to be sure to know if my mobo can fit and support it?
As a general rule, the first digit means the architecture, a major change in the video card family while the second means the 'power' in the same family.

With Nvidia the 8 in the second digit normally means the most powerful normal card, 6 is the mainstream+, 5 the mainstream and 4 the mainstream-

bellow 4 the card should be discarded as choice for more than editing texts and playing videos (if not abusing the post processing).

For many most demanding applications even the 6 may not be enough or under expectations.

Of course the architecture (family) may introduce enough horse power so one 250 is roughly equivalent a 9800/8800 and the 260 somewhat better.

So the 8400 is not that better than an 8200 for common task and neither would be enough for most nowadays games... the final result would be you still frustrated and a bit more light in the pocket than saving a bit more and getting something that could be named a 'gaming card'.
Imagination is where we are truly real
hoping to gain a bit more of your knowledge pies guys, ive spotted a cheapish gpu upgrade but im not sure if it will be compatipbe in my current MOBO, can any one confirm pls?

gpu i want is http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/bfg-geforc...4-pdt.html

and my current MOBO is http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docum...6137#N1017