Front Mission 4
I am a fan of the Front Mission series since the third installment (I can't read Japanese, and games like that aren't great on the SNES).

I finally came across backup copies of Front Mission's 3 & 4 and decided to try them out. ePSXe works fine with FM3, but I've had the following issues with FM4:

In 0.96 I was able to play and add some cheats to it - the first time I ran it. Now it won't even load past the BIOS (which is dumped from the one connected to my TV). Using the ZeroGS 0.97.1 plugin I can at least get to the Square-Enix logo, then it crashes. There is no consistent error message in the console window.

In 0.97-r-3878 FM4 runs great and smooth no matter what settings I use, but it keeps hanging while damage is dealt/calculated/displayed. It doesn't always stop the first time, but I can't get past a battle because it always happens. I also have to skip the cutscenes now.

I don't know if I made a bad backup of one of the games, or if the BIOS messed up. My other games work great.

While I'm sure I've gone through every combination of settings, I may not have. Brainfund's guide includes all of the settings I have tried.

Thanks,
Josh.

Front Mission 4, NTSC 20888
BIOS SCPH-39xxx 2009

Rig:
Phenom II 550 (Dual Core) @ 3.6GHZ (Stock 3.1GHz)
Dual-Channel DDR-1066, 4GB
Raedon 4870, 256-bit, 1GB GDDR3
OCZ Apex SSD, 60GB x 2 RAID0
Sony Monitor, 1240*1024
Samsung Monitor, 1440*900
Win7 Ultimate x64

Sponsored links

Not a proper bug report, moved.

PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? Any kind of error in the console when you get the problem?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(03-30-2011, 07:45 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Not a proper bug report, moved.

PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? Any kind of error in the console when you get the problem?

When running 0.96 I am getting this error now:
vtlb miss: addr 0x403b6706, mode 1

I have included images for 0.96 settings that can actually be changed.

The same plugins (default) are being used in 0.97 but I'm using Direct3D 9 (Hardware) rather than 10. Using most of the compatible speed hacks allow me to have more than one attack before the video completely freezes when damage is dealt. The music keeps playing just fine, even after "escaping" and returning to the game. Then it's music with a black screen.
I believe this was an error with MTGS (multi threading) if you disable it the game will work without crashing, but you'll get a severe performance hit (as PCSX2 will use only 1 processor core versus 2).

I thought this issue was solved in the beta after the new GUI was introduced... maybe it was accidently reintroduced? I'll try to look into it later... I deleted the ISO for the game and not sure where I left my disc at...
[Image: 2748844.png]
(03-31-2011, 09:06 PM)Koji Wrote: I believe this was an error with MTGS (multi threading) if you disable it the game will work without crashing, but you'll get a severe performance hit (as PCSX2 will use only 1 processor core versus 2).

I thought this issue was solved in the beta after the new GUI was introduced... maybe it was accidently reintroduced? I'll try to look into it later... I deleted the ISO for the game and not sure where I left my disc at...

Thanks! I'll have to try that later.

With the speed hacks I can get a max of 121fps, so going to a single core won't be too much of an issue. Of course then I'll want to try seeing if I can convert DVDs while playing a kick-ass game! Tongue