Front Mission 4 shadow / UI issues
Has anyone managed to get Front Mission 4 working flawlessly / near flawlessly yet? I've checked the wiki, and it notes two outstanding issues, and I encounter both on v1.6.0:

-Shadows are just bizarre - huge, wrongly shaped, and often warp seemingly randomly (i.e if you move the camera, the shadow will change, when it shouldn't)
-Vertical and horizontal lines across text boxes

Both can be resolved by running the game in software mode, but then obviously you're locked to the PS2's native resolution, which is uglier than playing upscaled with the issues present.

The shadow issue could be solved by enabling the Alpha hack in PCSX2 1.4.0 (I downloaded this separately to check, and can confirm it works - or at least it works in the sense of entirely disabling the shadows, which is an improvement) but this in turn causes issues with the character's portraits, which are 2D sprites, having random 1-pixel holes in them. I couldn't find a way to fix one issue without causing the other.

The issues with the lines on the text boxes aren't particularly troublesome, but if they can be solved, great.

I'm aware this game has been discussed several times on this forum (I've read all the threads I could find) but most are from several years ago. So, has anyone got any fixes for this in 2020?

Sponsored links

Sorry about the super late reply but I just recently started using PCSX2 after a rather long hiatus from doing so. Anyways I found that turning on the "Autoflush" function under Hacks fixes most if not all the shadow issues. As far as the general UI goes setting the X and the Y texture offset to 500 (also under "hacks") still fixes the misalignment in the GUI of the game as it has in previous versions. Anyway I hope you're still around to benefit from this if not I hope this helps someone who has the same issues at least.
PC: Intel i7 6700
       16 GB DDR4 2400 RAM
       ASUS Phoenix GTX 1660 SUPER OC
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go