Front Mission 5, almost working?
hi , it works only in software rendering. But the thread starter said that it work well for him , but i never disclose his setting. I was hoping that the problem could be fixed with dx10 , but i am seeing that you are using a dx10 card and you still have the same problem

Sponsored links

(08-26-2009, 06:12 AM)fxtech Wrote: hi , it works only in software rendering. But the thread starter said that it work well for him , but i never disclose his setting. I was hoping that the problem could be fixed with dx10 , but i am seeing that you are using a dx10 card and you still have the same problem

I tried all possible combinations of settings (plugins).
You can only make the picture worse.
Yep in SW rendering picture is great but FPS is not enjoyable. (~20-25)
(08-26-2009, 06:12 AM)fxtech Wrote: hi , it works only in software rendering. But the thread starter said that it work well for him , but i never disclose his setting. I was hoping that the problem could be fixed with dx10 , but i am seeing that you are using a dx10 card and you still have the same problem

Yeah I use dx10 and the problem exists all the time. During combat you see faint visual echoes of the wanzers moving.
Well, now that patch 4 is out, I am back again. Still the same problem, using the lastest everything (drivers too). I made sure all ati settings are neutral.

The screen shots Akiba posted are exactly what I was saying in OP. Still going on, but as was pointed out not in Software mode, which runs slow compared to hardware mode (obviously).

Seems like the game is running better over all in new beta, but the muddy background textures are still a drag.

Using speed hacks in SW does recover some FPS, but still visually lacking compared to HW.

Anyone have some additional insight to share? Maybe there are some 3rd party ATI drivers that work, or some other random fix nobody has mentioned yet?

Core 2 quad q9550
4gigs ram
Vista
ATI HD4870
PCSX2 Beta 1888
GSDX 1873
there is an official issue about it , just wait , the logaritmic z fix the glitch on the cut scene , but there still the shadows glitch and the dirty trasparent shape layer

http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/issues/detail?id=420#c9
(09-23-2009, 12:32 AM)fxtech Wrote: there is an official issue about it , just wait , the logaritmic z fix the glitch on the cut scene , but there still the shadows glitch and the dirty trasparent shape layer

http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/issues/detail?id=420#c9

This is great news. Thanks for the info! Biggrin
Sorry, I just got into this mod.. can someone explain the fix to me via PM? Would be greatly appreciated.
here working... pls add 200 ftp.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppLLGOIw38M
Made an account to report this, I don't know what the case is with others that have experimented with getting a fix but after several years of tweaking settings and trying other compiled versions of plugins and PCSX2 I have had success in getting rid of the garbage layer and most of the transparency problems. Still a little bit here and there, but by far more enjoyable. The issue has been posted elsewhere and the trick is editing the .ini for gsdx and setting skipdraw to 2. I will post the exact settings later.

Has anyone else had luck getting it to work smoothly?
(06-15-2011, 05:26 PM)Boomshanka Wrote: Made an account to report this, I don't know what the case is with others that have experimented with getting a fix but after several years of tweaking settings and trying other compiled versions of plugins and PCSX2 I have had success in getting rid of the garbage layer and most of the transparency problems. Still a little bit here and there, but by far more enjoyable. The issue has been posted elsewhere and the trick is editing the .ini for gsdx and setting skipdraw to 2. I will post the exact settings later.

Has anyone else had luck getting it to work smoothly?

Hi, can you please post some screen shots and also can you please post your PC specs and your PCSX2 setup. Thanks a lot man, I've been playing this game for a while now and I'm almost done with the game actually. I just wanna play through it again but I just want it to be perfect the second time around with less if not totally free of graphical glitches.