Frustrated with any lack of organization here
Exclamation 
First off, I want to say thank you to everyone who's worked so passionately to get patches out for the pcsx2 community. You guys are legends really. That being said, legends fade away if no one can find or learn about what they did, and that's a big problem here. 

When looking for a certain style of patches, I would be either wrongly linked to a random post on page 100 on a post with over 7000 comments where it wouldn't actually link to it, or I'd have to read over 7000 comments to find something. 

I don't like making accounts. I have too many in places I've long since forgotten. For the love of the Gods, please organize this stuff. Patches for many games shouldn't be and really aren't on some thread randomly in a post created by Divina. 

If I remember reading months ago, there was debate whether these styles of patches were worth anything to anyone (may have been another emulation sector). Well get organized, track how many downloads so you can truly show how many people truly want/need these patches. I know I quite enjoy them.

Now it's easy to say all this, so I offer some possible solutions. They may not be the best, or even possibly available to you but this is how I would try to fix it. 

1. I would reorganize a sub forum, where people can make only patches posts. You have this already, the problem is. you don't have a pinned post where the first post is all the patches of that type on the first page. I have to go scrolling through lists of posts or in the replies of posts for this. This is a problem. Please fix.
  2. Maybe option 1. isn't available to you (even though you kinda do it already for some things but not all), which I guess would explain why it hasn't been done. A second option is maybe setting up a wiki? I don't know if pcsx2 will let you use its official wiki. Some of the developers seem to be purists, and honestly, that's perfectly fine. You don't want to confuse & overwork people, not muddy up your project. Perhaps find someone else to host a wiki or other similar style of self-exploratory tool, and host it from there. This option would require money unless you find a sponsor for the project. If you need help with that...

Lounge Gaming Network - give them a look? 

Maybe I'm spewing out useless words, but I do hate spending 2 full days to find out there isn't what I need. Please do something. I beg you.

Sincerely,

MairuFrost

Sponsored links

May be you haven't paid close attention to the forums but different type of patches are posted in specific threads and we already have a good search option as well as search within the thread option to find needed patches very easily.

https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-you...tches-here

https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wi...me-Patches

https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wi...#pid271674

https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Fixing-unplayable-games

It never takes me more than two minutes to find out what I am looking for.
When the search result leads you to a thread with over 7000 posts,go into that thread and then into the bottom of the page,you will find a way to search the thread

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You can remove shadows from "hot shots golf 3 and 4" using pnatch patches if you search the forums............the PS3 emulator also has patches for this now, where in the past, they recommended to use the pnatch available here only to fix that............the game looks better without shadows on ps2/ps3, on the ps2 without the shadows looks good, the performance boost is really for PC/PS3.

Other patches, like Grandia 2, or Twisted Metal Black, you can just use the "widescreen only" not the additional fixes for fixing game icon images and status bars (for the PS2 CONSOLE, in order for them to work)..................Its not many games, that need special attention to work on the PS2 Console, after a patch was made that was tested only on the PS2 Emulator.

Patches like those are not included in the official "Widescreen Archive", they should be, or notes made, but if you unfortunately take the time to read 7000 posts you'll find some beneficial information.

(There were patches made to also remove shadows from Digital Devil Saga, I think, which wasn't needed for the PS2/PS3 Consoles, but is needed for the PS2 Emulator on PC, this was actually enabled by default originally, but then later disabled when this issue was fixed on the PS2 Emulator on PC, that should of been handled with separate patches to avoid user confusion)

(Metal Gear Solid 3, on the PS2 was another major disaster area, I don't think that was properly noted to the user to avoid confusion, at least in the past it was not properly noted)
(10-18-2021, 04:39 AM)psalmsamuel Wrote: You can remove shadows from "hot shots golf 3 and 4" using pnatch patches if you search the forums............the PS3 emulator also has patches for this now, where in the past, they recommended to use the pnatch available here only to fix that............the game looks better without shadows on ps2/ps3, on the ps2 without the shadows looks good, the performance boost is really for PC/PS3.

Other patches, like Grandia 2, or Twisted Metal Black, you can just use the "widescreen only" not the additional fixes for fixing game icon images and status bars (for the PS2 CONSOLE, in order for them to work)..................Its not many games, that need special attention to work on the PS2 Console, after a patch was made that was tested only on the PS2 Emulator.

Patches like those are not included in the official "Widescreen Archive", they should be, or notes made, but if you unfortunately take the time to read 7000 posts you'll find some beneficial information.

(There were patches made to also remove shadows from Digital Devil Saga, I think, which wasn't needed for the PS2/PS3 Consoles, but is needed for the PS2 Emulator on PC, this was actually enabled by default originally, but then later disabled when this issue was fixed on the PS2 Emulator on PC, that should of been handled with separate patches to avoid user confusion)

(Metal Gear Solid 3, on the PS2 was another major disaster area, I don't think that was properly noted to the user to avoid confusion, at least in the past it was not properly noted)

Theirs some sediment i'm getting from reading your reply that you agreeing with me here and there. The problem with a lot of the suggestions here is, they're rooted in, tough luck or that's the way it is. and that's a horrible way to keep information organized.

Quote:prafull

May be you haven't paid close attention to the forums but different type of patches are posted in specific threads and we already have a good search option as well as search within the thread option to find needed patches very easily.

https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-you...tches-here

https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wi...me-Patches

https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wi...#pid271674

https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Fixing-unplayable-games

It never takes me more than two minutes to find out what I am looking for.

Yeah... You point to my exact reasoning for making this post. If you call that organized... By the gods, let me pray for you.

Some of the posts you link to haven't been updated in 8, almost 9 years now. That's nearly 9 years of development where are the updates?. At least Devina's is last updated at the start of this year, which is 4 years better than the second closest. 

I want an easy look at lists for each of those patch types, and their patch types that are missing. Texture packs, fixes, eyefinity/super/ultra widescreen patches (the ones I'm mainly looking for), plus I'm still expected to comb through 100s of replies to try to find it in a 5-10 year old post that might not even have it. Why can't I have a list that says if there are patches for the game, and what they are? Why is that so hard to comprehend? Why's that so hard to ask for? Why is your first thing, you not searching hard enough, we do it, then link to a bunch of outdated posts?. 

If the patches that I assume aren't needed (looks at my game not doing what I've seen some patches do for other games on this emulator and others emulators) then why can't you simply state they aren't needed? 

The only post that comes close to doing what I want and need, is the cheating one, and I don't need cheats. Unless those cheats fix issues within the game (they don't), or ad things to make gameplay better, and funner I'm not interested in ruining the experience for me. 

Quote:vsub

When the search result leads you to a thread with over 7000 posts,go into that thread and then into the bottom of the page,you will find a way to search the thread

I shouldn't need a special tool to help me try to find something in a hay stack. That's what I'm saying. Like the cheat patches above, I should be able to go to the section of the patch type I'm looking for, or possibly search by game and be able to find what I need easily and clearly.
Quote:I shouldn't need a special tool to help me try to find something in a hay stack.
"special tool" ??? Blink

As everyone knows, it's a standard one embedded to mybb CMS, and that's meant to be used with long threads like the ones mentioned above

Anyways, thanks for your suggestions
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Quote:I want an easy look at lists for each of those patch types, and their patch types that are missing. Texture packs, fixes, eyefinity/super/ultra widescreen patches (the ones I'm mainly looking for), plus I'm still expected to comb through 100s of replies to try to find it in a 5-10 year old post that might not even have it. Why can't I have a list that says if there are patches for the game, and what they are? Why is that so hard to comprehend? Why's that so hard to ask for? Why is your first thing, you not searching hard enough, we do it, then link to a bunch of outdated posts?.

I completely agree. So you are ,a bit rudely, asking other people to actually do all that work you dread to do once, but also keep it updated, for free, so you can enjoy it later.

You are free to start a wiki and start working on this huge, tiresome, time consuming but very useful project to help yourself and the community Smile
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(10-21-2021, 10:07 PM)Bositman Wrote: I completely agree. So you are ,a bit rudely, asking other people to actually do all that work you dread to do once, but also keep it updated, for free, so you can enjoy it later.

You are free to start a wiki and start working on this huge, tiresome, time consuming but very useful project to help yourself and the community Smile

Yeah no, I agree I am rude; I didn't think anyone would bite so I already started, but can you blame me for trying? It would only take a small few changes to start organizing things here, however, my website needs more traffic so I don't mind taking a bite of yours o ,3,o...

Any chance your system compatibility list thing on the website is open source? It looks tasty o,...,o #reallywants

Love ya faces,
Mairu
Reviving this thread since this is relevant...

Isn't there already a wiki here that it could be added to?
https://wiki.pcsx2.net

An example i added here:
https://wiki.pcsx2.net/Dark_Cloud

Obviously it would be a lot of work; but something the community as a whole could start Smile
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(12-02-2021, 03:24 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote: Reviving this thread since this is relevant...

Isn't there already a wiki here that it could be added to?
https://wiki.pcsx2.net

An example i added here:
https://wiki.pcsx2.net/Dark_Cloud

Obviously it would be a lot of work; but something the community as a whole could start Smile

You see, I think I made this point above and was told to do it myself... This is why I started looking into doing it myself.

(Recruiting for unpaid slav... volunteers if you want to wast... donate your time on a good and noble cause! DM me)

Besides a whole list of personal issues, I'm not sure what Wiki software and how I want to format everything since I'm also not just doing ps2 games. This is why I was gonna hold off till after February to visit this subject while I slowly organize stuff on my own drives when I can scavenge up free time.

If people are interested in helping to organize this type of content, I can set some stuff up sooner.

[Image: 264012401_5347960038563666_1648586603617...e=61B11C0D]

Does anyone know of a way to mass download these games front covers and turn them into .ico so I can change my folder icons o3o? Lil python? No? Love ya faces anyways. I'm sure they are good faces.

P.s 

I think it's a misunderstanding of exactly why I and many (supposedly) others think it should be done. Yes, everything works, yes we can spend 2 hours or 10 minutes looking for each little mod/patch to do cool things with our games, but people are lazy. They aren't gonna use something if they have to fight with it or it takes hours of their time they could be playing something else.

I think my argument is best said by Linus from LTT over gaming on Linux vs Windows and how gaming on any platform just generally has many problems, and how the average user isn't gonna put up with them and just leave. I'm paraphrasing of course.