Frustration with very low frame-rates!
Hello, this is my first post on the forums because I have a very frustrating issue. By all means I should be able to play any games PCSX at 1920x1080 (specs below), but when playing Shadow of the Colossus I consistently get 20- 30 fps! I'm on PCSX 1.0.0 and my graphics plugin is GSDX 5334 (SSE2). I've enabled/ disabled almost everything, and I cannot seem to get a smooth 60fps out of the game. Help!

AMD Phenom X2 3.4ghz quad core
MSI 660 ti 2GB
8GB RAM

Sponsored links

(04-28-2013, 11:38 PM)azrael9110 Wrote: I've enabled/ disabled almost everything, and I cannot seem to get a smooth 60fps out of the game. Help!

I guess the VU Cycle Stealing speedhack wasn't in the "almost everything" then? ;p SotC loves Cycle Stealing, putting it to 2 seems to be pretty good for that game. Id also recommend the MTVU speedhack, if you really have a quad core.. You say X2 then Quadcore, confusing..
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

SotC is really demanding, that's why.
Enable all recommended speedhacks except MTVU hack and set vu cycle stealing to 1 or 2.
That should do it.

EDIT :uh oh. Refraction was faster. Tongue2
I though MTVU speedhack had a negative effect on this game ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
MTVU had a negative effect with my dual core,
but helps if I have 3+ available. Smile

VU stealing seems to unleash the framerate all on it's own, though.
MTVU slows down SotC even on quad cores, so stay away from it for this game
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Yeah okay ignore me on that one xD
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Thanks for the replys everyone. I guess most of the setup guides say "Stay away from speedhacks!!", so I was wary to try them! I'll give these a try after work and see how it goes!
It never hurts to give speedhacks a try when you arent reaching full fps. Generally the recommended ones wont cause issues with most games. Some games however plain dont like them. Just trial and error really.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
Ee to 3 and same as vu...
(04-29-2013, 05:50 PM)Yash the gamer Wrote: Ee to 3 and same as vu...

Thats bad advice and will break alot of games. The EE and VU hacks should be used lightly to maintain accuracy, otherwise alot of errors can occur with games and most of the time fps will suffer because of it.

Edit - although VU to 2 may help greatly as stated above (dont have the game on ps2, HD collections on ps3 are to enticing ool)
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming