Fullscreen = Slowdown?
doesn't the vsync *hack* force exclusive fullscreen? that would cause a performance hit on modern display drivers.

Sponsored links

(10-21-2011, 04:57 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: doesn't the vsync *hack* force exclusive fullscreen? that would cause a performance hit on modern display drivers.
?
I can still play windowed. It only causes slowdown when in fullscreen.
I do notice tearing in both windowed and fullscreen and it is also eliminated in both with vsync on.

I have an idea. Could it be because the computer also has to scale the image to a larger size that the game slows down in fullscreen?
Could be Tongue2
But it just stretches the image to fit in the screen, and not upscale the internal resolution.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
(10-21-2011, 10:55 PM)911 Revenge Wrote: ?
I can still play windowed. It only causes slowdown when in fullscreen.
I do notice tearing in both windowed and fullscreen and it is also eliminated in both with vsync on.

I have an idea. Could it be because the computer also has to scale the image to a larger size that the game slows down in fullscreen?

no. its because its using an unoptimised fullscreen method when vsync is forced.
(10-22-2011, 12:35 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: no. its because its using an unoptimised fullscreen method when vsync is forced.

Will an, er, 'optimised' fullscreen method ever be availible? Or is there one, and it is only availible via windows 7 + DirectX10?
its available on vista and 7, but 7 uses resources more effectively