Fullscreen = Slowdown?
When I play fullscreen, the game seems to get slower.
Any ideas?

Windows XP Pro SP3
Intel Core i3 540 @ 3.06 GHz.
ATI Radeon HD 4670
3.0 GB RAM

All settings default (as I didn't need speedhacks or anything on this computer as it is competent and gets 60 FPS) EXCEPT the resolution is 1280x720 in the Gs plugin settings and in window settings, aspect ratio= fit to screen/ window, and vsync is on (can't stand tearing and this computer seems to do fine with it on)

EDIT: Tearing IS present in both windowed and in fullscreen, and it goes away both in windowed and fullscreen when vsync is enabled. What I wanted to know is why the game slows in fullscreen.

Also, turned on some speedhacks as I was getting a few FPS drop at times. I'm only using ones that are not the cycle sliders.
Should I just use native origin and deal with how blurry it looks?

Sponsored links

VSync works in fullscreen mode only (I guess). And this causes a performance hit.
Lower the Direct 3D Internal Resolution as the graphics card.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
Yeah. Vertical Synchronization and Stereoscopic 3D only work on fullscreen mode.
Wow why on earth are you using windows XP on that modern machine? It's a real waste, if you can upgrade to Windows 7...You'll then be able to use the DX10 mode of GSdx
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Also, windows XP can't handle that modern machine efficiently. Anyways Windows 7 Aero themes have VSync turned on.
(10-21-2011, 07:57 AM)Livy Wrote: Yeah. Vertical Synchronization and Stereoscopic 3D only work on fullscreen mode.

Vsync is not limited to fullscreen.
I Know it is not limited to FullScreen Mode. It can apply in Windowed modes too.

But in PCSX2 it generally works in Full Screen mode only.

EDIT: Oh.. The tooltip says...

Tooltip Wrote:It usualy applies only to fullscreen mode and may not work with all GS Plugins. Tongue2
(10-21-2011, 10:10 AM)Bositman Wrote: Wow why on earth are you using windows XP on that modern machine? It's a real waste, if you can upgrade to Windows 7...You'll then be able to use the DX10 mode of GSdx
I tried to install windows 7 from a recovery disc that came with my laptop... it would just hang at 0%.
Is the DX10 mode faster?
(10-21-2011, 03:27 PM)recoder Wrote: I Know it is not limited to FullScreen Mode. It can apply in Windowed modes too.

But in PCSX2 it generally works in Full Screen mode only.

EDIT: Oh.. The tooltip says...

iirc, opengl is where windows vsync usually doesn't work (but only because the programmer has stuffed up)
go for native origin

if you set Direct 3D Internal Resolution more than your native ps2 size your GPU must work more harder!!!