Fullscreen vs Windowed mode
which is really better?
For what I have?
AMD Athlon X2 255 3.60ghz processor
5750 ATI RADEON MSI 1GB Graphics Card
4.00GB RAM
ASUS m4a88TD-M Motherboard
PCSX2 9.8 with GSDX10 (thanks to Windows7 ultimate X64)
Personally it depends on the game but usually Windowed seems better,
but overall which is at least 51% better?
(OS:Win7_64bit ULTIMATE) (M4a88TD-M asus mobo)
[Processor:AMD AthlonII x4 645 3.720ghz(OC)Quadcore]
VideoCard-[ATIradeon5750(OC) 850mhz 2GB
RAM-[DDR3-4GB Matched RAM w/ Heat Spreaders]HYperX BLU
cpu-cooler- H60 closed loop water cooling.

Sponsored links

They should be pretty much the same? I can't understand what you mean 'better', like better image quality, faster or what?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
According to many PC games I played, full screen gives more framerate compared to window mode. Some modern games such as StarCraft II even adds a tooltip that warn the user that window mode decreases performance. I think Windows Explorer is closed when you're in fullscreen mode but I need a confirmation about this. I have never coded a fullscreen application so I am not sure.

In PCSX2, I feel they are almost the same.
Theres not much difference. Do you have Vsync turned on in pcsx2 GS? Vsnc may make fullscreen a bit slow.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
(10-28-2011, 01:24 PM)Livy Wrote: According to many PC games I played

This depends on the game, some PC games simply use a windowed fullscreen mode instead which is similar to what PCSX2 uses (pretty much hide borders when switching to "fullscreen") which is why it feels like they're the same for PCSX2. There were some plans to add a exclusive fullscreen mode which would give a more real fullscreen mode and higher priority for it whch would make it better but for now windowed and "fullscreen" are pretty much the same.
If you try Direct3D9 with an older version of GSdx that has the fullscreen resolution/refresh rate choices then that one was a bit faster since it was more a real fullscreen mode but was also buggier and could get stuck when trying to leave fullscreen.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64