G3258 without overclocking
Hello, I'm planning to buy a G3258 and a H81M-P33 motherboard without buying a new cooler or a new power supply, so I think overclocking is impossible with that configuration. 
Which games do you think I will be able to run without overclocking my cpu ? All of them ? 
Thanks, and sorry for my english.

Sponsored links

I would say all games that not require sw mode and that are playable at all. So really a large subset of all available games.
Thanks, but what's the sw mode ?
And I heard Shadow of the Colossus and MGS 2 were the most demanding games, do you think a 3.2Ghz G3258 could run them ?
(12-20-2015, 05:40 PM)Leg6 Wrote: Thanks, but what's the sw mode ?
And I heard Shadow of the Colossus and MGS 2 were the most demanding games, do you think a 3.2Ghz G3258 could run them ?

SW mode: Software rendering mode, used to fix graphical glitches on most games.
For those games, I think so. MGS3 is stuck on 50fps on a Core 2 Duo E7500 with a GeForce G210 (I tested it), so I think MGS2's performance should be better than that, but I'm not sure for Shadow of the Colossus.
My low-end specs:
C2D E7500 2.93GHz|GeForce G210 512MB|2x1GB DDR2|250W (Lenovo OEM) PSU|Lenovo G40 (OEM motherboard)
Upcoming:
Core i5 4590 3.3GHz|Inno3D GeForce GTX 960|2x8GB DDR3|Corsair CX500|MSI H97 PC Mate
SotC requires vu cycle stealing on every pc. Without this hack the VU eats all the ressources of the pc. Even the ps2 was more or less to weak.
Using the speedhack though you should be able to.play it i would say.

Extending the answer of <complicatedChemistsName> i would like to add that software rendering emulates the gs chip on the cpu while hw rendering partially uses the gpu (hw acceleration) and supports much more features. However hw renderer is less accurate and is often to some extend glitchy. Most users consider hw renderer worth to use even with small glitches as it provides very nice features.
Thanks guys.