GA2 Mugen Kairou no Kagi disk swap issue
I wasn't sure where to post this because I'm honestly not sure if this qualifies as a bug, something not emulated or me just doing it wrong, but well, here we go...

Galaxy Angel 2 - Mugen Kairou no Kagi is the second game in the GA2 series of ps2 games and it has an option on the main title screen to play an extra scenario from the first game, Zettai Ryouiki no Tobira.

I select it and the following screen appears

text translates to 'To play Galaxy Angel II Zettai Ryouiki no Tobira extra route, the Galaxy Angel II Zettai Ryouiki no Tobira is needed. After inserting the Galaxy Angel II Zettai Ryouiki no Tobira game disk, please press the circle button. (Pressing X returns to the title screen.)'

So, i hit esc and swap disk ISOs and then press the circle button, this screen appears.

text translates to 'The disk tray is open, please insert the Galaxy Angel II Zettai Ryouiki no Tobira game disk (Pressing X stops reading the disk and returns to the Galaxy Angel II Mugen Kairou no Kagi title menu.)'
meaning it obviously hasn't worked and isn't trying to run the ISO because it thinks the disk tray is open. So, finally I swap ISOs again back to the Mugen Kairou no Kagi ISO and press X.

Yup, that's a screen saying 'Plz to insert Mugen Kairou no Kagi disk'.

any helpful advice or whatever anyone?
Processor: Core i7 2600 3.4GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB Dual Channel DDR3 PC 12800
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H77-D3H
Graphics: 2x Radeon HD 3870

Sponsored links

afaik proper support for multiple discs is still a wip, i think there were some posts at the googlecode commits about it (seems like the new built-in iso/cdvd reader should bring some improvements to this issue).
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
then it looks like i need to wait a while to try this on PCSX2
thanks for the reply
Totally offtopic, but wow.
Does it really say "Diarog Box"?

xD
hehehe yes it really does... yay for engrish!!!!
try using daemon tools and mounting the isos, is the only way that I can think of...
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
no it won't work since the problem appears to be in the cdvd plugin part of the emulator itself (plus i already tried it this way), and besides, using daemon tools to mount the ISOs is not recommended for pcsx2
The only plugin that partially supports disc swapping is Gigaherz CDVD. Try these 2 methods (both with this plugin):
1) Have the first disc in your dvd rom, run it and do the disc change as you would do on a real console
2)When it asks you to open the tray, do so, insert the new disc, press ESC and then go to Run->Execute
[Image: newsig.jpg]
okay, trying it

EDIT:
no joy, i tried it two different ways, your way and hotswapping cdvd plugins but the results were the same, once i swapped disks and executed with disk 2 in the drive, my computer's dvd drive would spin up but it looked like it didn't try to read the second disk and the emulator sat there on the screen in the 3rd picture in my first post...
i guess pcsx2 won't be doing this for a little while ^^;

thanks for the suggestion though, it was worth a try Smile
Yeah disc swapping is using some undocumented commands that we do not emulate. It will be tricky to make it work
[Image: newsig.jpg]