GAME FREEZES ALL THE TIME
Hi
Just started playing God of War II on my PC using PCSX2 and its been fun. but been frustrated lately coz my gameplay gets frozen after i got to stage 8 and have since not gone past that particular stage. I've updated all available plugins, DirectX & even my Graphic driver yet no solution

Please i could really use some help here urgently coz am so in-love with the game

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.261Mhz, Dell Latitude E5400 with Win 7 X32 bit@ 2.00GB RAM, Mobile Intel 4 series Express Family Chipset with DirectX11. Am playing GOWII ISO on PCSX2 0.9.6 -GSdx 4600 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.16 which is run on DX9 Hardware. Well i hope this info should do but if not let me know what more is needed. Thanks alot!
Start using 0.9.8, the 0.9.6 version is ancient and no longer supported.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-11-2012, 10:54 AM)Bositman Wrote: Start using 0.9.8, the 0.9.6 version is ancient and no longer supported.

Your little advise kinda did d trick! Well i've been able to go past there and did not freeze again with the 0.9.8 version. Thanks alot!

But stil have a lil' problem though. Looks like the 0.9.6 version is really faster than this 0.9.8version. Please could u help with a good config to make it faster?
Start by enabling all speed hacks which are marked as 'recommended'
(01-14-2012, 04:54 PM)Bositman Wrote: Start by enabling all speed hacks which are marked as 'recommended'

I have already enabled all the recommended speedhacks and even set it to the maximum values..............no solution yet
You can't set recommended speed hacks to maximum values. ONLY enable recommended speed hacks, maxing all speed hacks usually turns into a slowdown instead of a speedup
I'll do just that and report back if i hace any more issues............appreciated!
(01-15-2012, 04:22 AM)Bositman Wrote: You can't set recommended speed hacks to maximum values. ONLY enable recommended speed hacks, maxing all speed hacks usually turns into a slowdown instead of a speedup

I'll do just that and report back if i hace any more issues............appreciated!