GH3 and Time Splitters
Hi guys,

I've mentioned those 2 games because they're having the same problem, I guess. First is Time Splitters: it's running slow, but the frame rate indicates 60 FPS if I'm not mistaken (the audio is perfectly fine). And GH3 now: it's running slow too, but only in some backgrounds ("Starting Out Small" is worse than "Your First Real Gig", for example), where the audience were all white pixeled, static-looking and there was a man flying in the middle of the screen (lul), and when I hit the extended notes.

I did a little research in the forum before dropping here, no results though. I've tried many random configurations and plugins on both games, but no results either. Actually, I've noticed that on GH3, when I changed from Direct3D9 (hardware) to Direct3D9 (software), the audience got slightly better and the flying man disappeared, but the frame rate dropped to 40-50 (with a lot of speed hacks, because without them, the frame rate gets worse).

I'm running both from an ISO file, I'm using the 1.4.0 version and I've got an AMD Radeon HD 6900, an i7 quad-core and 6GB of RAM, I think those games should've worked :c

Any ideas of what might it be? If you guys need any other info, tell me so I'll inform you, thanks.

Sponsored links

As for GH3, the audience has always been corrupted in HW renderer - we've never found a fix for it. The man on the side of the screen is basically a half-screen depth issue, no fix for that either.

Not sure about the slowdowns as GH3 however I've never had any issues with that. it sounds like you're i7 is a mobile (laptop) chipset, is that correct? It may be why you are seeing slowdowns.
(06-11-2017, 05:51 PM)Jonhy Wrote: Hi guys,

I've mentioned those 2 games because they're having the same problem, I guess. First is Time Splitters: it's running slow, but the frame rate indicates 60 FPS if I'm not mistaken (the audio is perfectly fine). And GH3 now: it's running slow too, but only in some backgrounds ("Starting Out Small" is worse than "Your First Real Gig", for example), where the audience were all white pixeled, static-looking and there was a man flying in the middle of the screen (lul), and when I hit the extended notes.

I did a little research in the forum before dropping here, no results though. I've tried many random configurations and plugins on both games, but no results either. Actually, I've noticed that on GH3, when I changed from Direct3D9 (hardware) to Direct3D9 (software), the audience got slightly better and the flying man disappeared, but the frame rate dropped to 40-50 (with a lot of speed hacks, because without them, the frame rate gets worse).

I'm running both from an ISO file, I'm using the 1.4.0 version and I've got an AMD Radeon HD 6900, an i7 quad-core and 6GB of RAM, I think those games should've worked :c

Any ideas of what might it be? If you guys need any other info, tell me so I'll inform you, thanks.

Could be false FPS showing due to speedhacks, are you using EE Cyclerate or Vu Cycle Stealing?
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
Hmm, I'm not a native speaker, but if I get it right: no, I have a desktop PC.

That sounds bad about GH3, but thanks anyway c: Do you have any clues about what is happening with Time Splitters Future Perfect?
(06-11-2017, 07:27 PM)Donovan24 Wrote: Could be false FPS showing due to speedhacks, are you using EE Cyclerate or Vu Cycle Stealing?

I already tried with and without them (all the presets), and they don't change anything apparently. I didn't even pass beyond the game menu screen, so I can't tell what the presets really changed, but the fact that the game kept running slow didn't change.
For TS Future Perfect, make sure you're not using mTVU hack, since it causes issues and breaks the game. It runs fine without that hack anyway, so you shouldn't need it. I remember it causing the game to run in slow mo even though the emu said it was fullspeed, and also just general glitchiness with the visuals if the game didn't crash outright randomly. Works fine without it.
(06-12-2017, 09:12 AM)NarooN Wrote: For TS Future Perfect, make sure you're not using mTVU hack, since it causes issues and breaks the game. It runs fine without that hack anyway, so you shouldn't need it. I remember it causing the game to run in slow mo even though the emu said it was fullspeed, and also just general glitchiness with the visuals if the game didn't crash outright randomly. Works fine without it.

Yeah, I was using mTVU hack, I just unchecked it and it started working! I made it through the menu screen and when I got to play, first it appeared several green lines across the screen, so I did a little research throughout the forum and found out that I needed to set "Skipdraw" to 1 or 2 to solve that and the white-pixeled bottom half, but I set it to 3, since I kept getting that white-pixeled glitch (and I also checked all boxes in HW hacks, except the "Preload Data Frame" box).

But it looks like that didn't fully solve the problem, because some few times it keeps appearing the white pixels and some horizontal white lines. The most annoying glitch is that the ground and buildings turn transparent when I look at specific angles or get too close, I only tested it in "Scotland the Brave" though. Also, when I grab things with the robotic thing on his arm, the 3 "gelatinous" lines look like mirrors instead of being translucent, and that's pretty bad, because it ruins the vision. Ah, this is less important, but if you could help with it, it'd be perfect: the cutscenes are running between 40-50 FPS.

I think it's almost there for me to get playing smoothly @-@'. Thank you guys for the help so far :D
Yeah Future Perfect is an amazing game but it's a bit of a pain to play in the emu due to all the garbage visual errors you'll get. Skipdraw fixes some of it but every now and then in various levels you'll get the stuff you mentioned happening. I don't think it ever got fixed.
What a shame :c. Well, I guess I'll insist playing with the glitches anyway, 'cause I'm thirsty for the game @-@'

Thank you again õ/
I think the game actually works pretty well now. Try a new build, and see if accurate blending helps.
#StopRNG