GITS SAC performance regression?
There seems to have been a performance regression between versionĀ 1.3.1-799-g000e11e and 1.3.1-898-g68a89bb in DX11 software mode for Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex PAL.

Using 1.3.1-898-g68a89bb I get ~22fps (EE 40% GS 95%). One CPU core is at 100% while the others are at 50% utilization.

Using 1.3.1-799-g000e11e I get [b]50fps[/b] (EE 90% GS 60%). All CPU cores have an equal load.

I tested both versions with default settings, except 'extra rendering threads' at 2 extra threads.
I tested ZoE 2 but there seems to be no difference in performance between the two versions.

Sponsored links

Can you test any builds on between to try and narrow down where the problem lies? Thanks
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-06-2015, 06:35 PM)refraction Wrote: Can you test any builds on between to try and narrow down where the problem lies? Thanks

1.3.1-872-g42f5159 tanks performance for me.
Well that's one accuracy upgrade by gabest. Often higher accuracy is more demanding. Can you open a new issue in github repeating what you said there referencing this commit and including "@gabest" ? Possibly it will still stay as it currently is since accuracy has normally the higher priority over speed.
(08-06-2015, 08:11 PM)willkuer Wrote: Well that's one accuracy upgrade by gabest. Often higher accuracy is more demanding. Can you open a new issue in github repeating what you said there referencing this commit and including "@gabest" ? Possibly it will still stay as it currently is since accuracy has normally the higher priority over speed.

Done. I'm not expecting anything but that's a rather steep increase. If I'm extrapolating correctly (maybe I'm not) you'd need more than twice the power. That's harsh.
Perfect!

Since the decrease is such dramatical I would expect either a user configured hack that dis/enables the pr or the new code will be optimized.