GPU upgrade r9 280 or r9 285
(03-16-2015, 11:21 AM)Coma Wrote: Its important when you want the higher res.

source ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction

Sponsored links

All the gpu reviews since years.
Its a bit more complex but there it is, the more the game is demanding the more you need bandwith too. You can see the amd cards are scalling better the more you up the resolution, because there is a bigger bus.
BTW 280/285 its almost the same.. its an useless debate, the 280 has 3gb of vram and its cheaper because its an old rebranded hd7950, period, the only advantage of the 285 is the freesync.
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Corsair K95 RGB / Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Bose Companion 2 Serie III
Old JRPG fan, experienced mmo player, PC hardware expert
that's in case of native pc games where, memory bus width is divided by the data rate and that's what is called the memory bandwidth. to be short, they are the memory data rate not the raw computing power. though, memory bandwidth can be performance limiting some times in native PC games. there's no solid evidence that it works the same way on emulation.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Quote:the only advantage of the 285 is the freesync.

The 285 also supports bridgeless crossfire, lossless delta color compression for improved memory bandwidth efficiency, a newer/updated ISA, scaler improvements, and the new multimedia engines, as well as the improved tessellation engine.

For PCSX2 specifically, most of that is irrelevant, but I'm just explicating for general purposes.
(03-16-2015, 03:34 PM)NarooN Wrote: The 285 also supports bridgeless crossfire, lossless delta color compression for improved memory bandwidth efficiency, a newer/updated ISA, scaler improvements, and the new multimedia engines, as well as the improved tessellation engine.

For PCSX2 specifically, most of that is irrelevant, but I'm just explicating for general purposes.

When you see 2 have low-range performances, if I must choose I'll take the one cheaper. Their perfs are so near that for a random gamer its dumb to compare in my opinion, it will be the same experience.
Yeah there will be any differences for PCSX2... even in pc games it will be hard to see.
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Corsair K95 RGB / Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Bose Companion 2 Serie III
Old JRPG fan, experienced mmo player, PC hardware expert
So I got the r9 280 and I'm not getting much better FPS in Dragon Quest at 4x IR than my 6870.

EE and GS values are about 30-40% during slowdowns if I have 4+ enemies in a battle I can't even maintain 40 fps
What processor do you have ?
- Refraction
(04-17-2015, 08:29 PM)ssakash Wrote: What processor do you have ?

Sorry, i5 3470
Could you post a screenshot of your gsdx plugin settings and speedhacks section settings ? Thanks Smile
- Refraction
(04-17-2015, 08:32 PM)ssakash Wrote: Could you post a screenshot of your gsdx plugin settings and speedhacks section settings ? Thanks Smile

[Image: speedhackszju0c.png]
[Image: gsdxdru4l.png]