GPU
Is this gpu good enough for the pcsx2 emulator?

Asus Nvidia Geforce GT630-2GD3

Sponsored links

Should be good at 2x for most games (maybe 3 on a few lighter titles) and native on everything else.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(05-22-2013, 10:37 PM)Koji Wrote: Should be good at 2x for most games (maybe 3 on a few lighter titles) and native on everything else.

Im planning to buy one cause my current is a crappy nvidia geforce 6200 turbocache which is very old and i cant play even native res on it.

Will an amd athlon 64 x2 5000+ work okay with gt630?
with non demanding games, yes.
your CPU will be the problem, then.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-22-2013, 10:44 PM)Black Ops Wrote: Im planning to buy one cause my current is a crappy nvidia geforce 6200 turbocache which is very old and i cant play even native res on it.

Will an amd athlon 64 x2 5000+ work okay with gt630?

Ouch... not many games will work with that. Unfortunately it sounds like you just have an old machine. Unfortunately there is no real solution for you outside of a complete PC overhaul. If it was at least an AM2+ board you'd be able to drop 4 core phenom 2 at a decent speed into it, but you're likely on an older AM2 board which would limit you to phenom 1's... which will likely not give you a substantial speed boost AND would be a PITA to try and find anyways (and may still not even be compatible).

A few of the 2D games will work fully (disgaea 1 comes to mind) but with or without the 630, 3D games are going to struggle bad.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(05-23-2013, 12:31 AM)Koji Wrote: Ouch... not many games will work with that. Unfortunately it sounds like you just have an old machine. Unfortunately there is no real solution for you outside of a complete PC overhaul. If it was at least an AM2+ board you'd be able to drop 4 core phenom 2 at a decent speed into it, but you're likely on an older AM2 board which would limit you to phenom 1's... which will likely not give you a substantial speed boost AND would be a PITA to try and find anyways (and may still not even be compatible).

A few of the 2D games will work fully (disgaea 1 comes to mind) but with or without the 630, 3D games are going to struggle bad.

Any way of overcloking my cpu ?
try searching around on the web. But AFAIK, those old AMD 64 CPUs are hardly overclockable.
I guess you're on your way to play with your PS2 instead...
(05-23-2013, 05:20 PM)jesalvein Wrote: try searching around on the web. But AFAIK, those old AMD 64 CPUs are hardly overclockable.
I guess you're on your way to play with your PS2 instead...

yeah prob is that my ps2 cant read discs anymore so i resorted to trying a emulator
AFAIK, there are ways to play your games from USB on your PS2